"I regret eating that"

Options

Replies

• PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm one of the unofficial taste testers of local gluten free foods along with a friend that also has celiac.

OMGERD there is some nasty, overpriced gluten free,taste free, weird textured crap out there! Bah! I end up wasting money, too.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Anything that is a lot of calories but doesn't taste good, I regret. Just not worth it.
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I used to before I understood calories in/out.:ohwell:

Now :happy: I eat what I want, as long as I dont go over my current maintenace calorie intake of 2278 & keep up with my exercise routine.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    oatmeal.

hate the stuff. ever wonder what cardboard tastes like? just try some plain oatmeal and you'll have your answer. blech!
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    If you know your gonna regret it that badly, why eat it.

okay!?! :indifferent:
  • rml_16
    Options
    oatmeal.

hate the stuff. ever wonder what cardboard tastes like? just try some plain oatmeal and you'll have your answer. blech!
    Oatmeal requires milk, sugar and butter. Period. Though you might could get away with milk, sugar, cinnamon and peanut butter.

I gag whenever people talk about making it with water.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Last night I ate Something called a Caca Oaxaca Burger which is beef and chorizo mixed together to form a delicious burger patty, topped with melty queso fresco, a fried egg, fresh pico de gallo, avocado, and a tabasco mayo.

I regret nothing...

I did, however, end up regretting that scoop of coffee ice cream though because that burger was too filling...

Edited to add: In all seriousness, I feel that way whenever I eat potato chips... I can't stop myself from eating the whole bag, my self control sucks when it comes to chips. They are not filling enough for the amount of calories wasted on them and I do often regret that I ate them...
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    No. I enjoy all foods.

Edit. I only regret eating something if it makes me sick afterwards.
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I'm not really sure if it was a total regret. I ate a banana crumb muffin last night. It only had 175 calories but it wasn't as good as I hoped. Maybe just disappointed. I could have had something a lot better with those calories.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I regret eating celery. I mean seriously, what is even the point of bothering to move your jaw up and down with that stuff.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    Options
    I regret eating celery. I mean seriously, what is even the point of bothering to move your jaw up and down with that stuff.

This. I've tried. I really did. It's not worth it...
  • rml_16
    Options

Put peanut butter on it, silly people!
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

it is if you dip the celery in peanut butter first. it's a very good "peanut butter jar to mouth" delivery system.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

I know right?!
  • Curtruns
    Curtruns Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I love McDonald's Chocolate Shakes.....then I realized the 16 oz one is 700 calories. Now I only eat it on my "long run" days.
    and for the record, I like celery, particularly when it is loaded with peanut butter! :smile:
  • craziedazie
    craziedazie Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I try not to.

There are times I regret not eating something though. :-)
  • _Pseudonymous_
    Options

I know right?!

Ew, no... why would I do that to my peanut butter?

Honestly though, I really did try to make celery edible but I think it's sort of a texture thing combined with the awful flavor of the juice... even peanut butter doesn't mask it for me. I try to like everything, but this is one thing I just can't do...
  • rml_16
    Options

I know right?!

Ew, no... why would I do that to my peanut butter?

Honestly though, I really did try to make celery edible but I think it's sort of a texture thing combined with the awful flavor of the juice... even peanut butter doesn't mask it for me. I try to like everything, but this is one thing I just can't do...
    Yeah, it isn't my thing, either. I haven't eaten it in years. but if i HAD to eat it, I would put PB on it. I do remember enjoying that. These days, though, my PB goes on dark chocolate.
  • spara0038
    spara0038 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Usually I only regret it if it was a really calorie-dense thing that ended up sucking. Like I ate some cheesecake last night- 324 calories and kinda supar. As far as cheesecakes go, I'd give it a 6 out of 10 lol.

Then, my fiance started cooking up hot dogs. I coulda had a hot dog and bun for what that cheesecake was, but I didn't want to "spend" any more calories. Grrr.
  • Curtruns
    Curtruns Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Usually I only regret it if it was a really calorie-dense thing that ended up sucking. Like I ate some cheesecake last night- 324 calories and kinda supar. As far as cheesecakes go, I'd give it a 6 out of 10 lol.

Then, my fiance started cooking up hot dogs. I coulda had a hot dog and bun for what that cheesecake was, but I didn't want to "spend" any more calories. Grrr.

I hate splurging on calories and then being unsatisfied too. I ran a marathon in April and kept thinking of that chocolate shake I was gonna have. I wait in this loooong line and then learn they don't have chocolate. I "settled" for a strawberry shake, but it wasn't the same and my stomach couldn't handle another shake.