Where do you lose weight first?

Options
I'm on a big weight loss journey due to increase of weight and several health problems. Before when I would lose weight I lose in my stomach first then my chest area. Where I want to lose is the hips, thighs, butt, and legs. (Lower extremities) It's so hard to spot reduce especially when big hips and butt run in the family. UGH.

Replies

• KateGifford
    KateGifford Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    I wish I lost weight in my stomach first! I tend to lose it in my face, then my arms. Then thighs, with stomach last. :/
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Usually my face and chest (not boobs) area. My belly is the last to go and that's the biggest problem area for me.
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    It comes off in the reverse order I gained it in, I am pretty sure it works that way for everybody.
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I seem to gain and lose evenly all over. Not sure if that's good or bad considering that kinda makes my whole body a problem area.

You can't spot reduce. The weight will come off where the weight wants to come off. Just be patient :flowerforyou:
  • TKhamvongsa
    TKhamvongsa Posts: 287
    Options
    Face, arms, upper back. Stubborn areas are lower back/stomach and thighs. LOL why god why!
  • caramel1920
    caramel1920 Posts: 271
    Options
    I gain and lose in my thighs first! That's my indicator either way!!!
  • sallyadando1
    sallyadando1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My stomach is the last place I lose it, unfortunately. Bottom, legs, and face first for me.
  • MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I could only wish my stomach and arms but no it's my butt, I now have the flatest butt around...*sigh* that's ok though, I am feeling better about myself, just wish I didn't have a tire (bicycle size) thing around my upper stomach, never had it until I had my son via c-section, very frustrating.
  • khkjkk
    khkjkk Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Face, chest, and stomach.
  • mlanders22
    mlanders22 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Chest, face, arms, stomach......then very slowly from hips, legs and thighs.
    Someone already told me my clavicle sticks out too much but I still need to lose 30-40 more pounds lol.
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    My stomach was the last place I gained it, so the first place I lost it..up to a point not all of it, my thighs were the next to last place I gained it, so I lost there next, then back fat, then hips and face arms and legs, then it goes through the whole rotation again.

Fat loss happens in reverse order:

"You can spot train an area

The spot training myth is one that just won’t go away. So many girls ask me about cellulite. It’s understandable that if you have a flabby tummy or bat wing underarms, what you really want to do is to make that fat disappear with the minimum of effort. Unfortunately, spot training a body part won’t make fat disappear in that area. Spot training is a myth. Your body tends to lose fat in the reverse order in which it was gained. So if your belly paunch was the first place your body gained fat, it’s likely going to be the last holdout as you lose it.

Spot training is a great way to firm up the muscles underneath the flab so that, as fat disappears, you have great muscular tone and definition. It won’t make the fat go away, however. Only a healthy diet and exercise will help you lose fat, by losing it overall."

From: 9 Diet and Exercise Myths that People Won’t Stop Believing by Kimberly Snyder
  • cherow123
    cherow123 Posts: 13
    Options
    I always notice it first on my thighs and butt and stomach is always last.