I hope this works!

Options
Today is my first day on MFP. I am hoping I can stay motivated and stick to this. This week I was ready to join WW for the fifth time but a little inconvenient with a baby. My husband just started Herbalife and has lost 11 pounds in three weeks. I wasn't able to join him since I'm still nursing (a little frustrating). I am hoping to be motivated to hit the gym this week.

Replies

• Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    wormy_waving.gif
    Welcome to MFP, it is a great tool to help you.
  • 614jaimee
    Options
    Welcome! Just like anything else in life, you get out what you put in! Focus on your goal, be honest with yourself and you will be successful! You can friend me if you'd like!
  • Debtappe
    Debtappe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Awwwww, congratulations on the new baby. What I like about MFP is that it is easy to use and it is free. Nothing has worked for me for the last 15 years but this is working. I can stick to the plan and it is easy to use.
  • ygarza1967
    Options
    motivation is the hard part, but once you get rolling it's pretty good. In the last 30 days I have dropped 4 inches on my midsection. Good Luck!!!
  • mrskelsey24
    mrskelsey24 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Welcome! MFP is GREAT!! I have no friends near by so no support system or motivation - I've only been on here for a few days but WOW everyone is so supportive! If you have a bad they, they are right there to encourage you and help pick you up. It's also so much fun to see how many calories you've burned - it's like shopping - at the end of the day you get to see how much money (calories) you saved!
    Congrats on the baby and it's great that you are breastfeeding! It's not for everyone but it is so healthy for the baby and you get to reduce your risk of breast cancer! It also burns a ton of calories!
  • piquilter
    piquilter Posts: 119
    Options
    I've only been here a short time, I started WW online about a month ago and then found MFP. The price is right too:laugh: I really like it a lot and everyone is very supportive. Add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • snappo
    snappo Posts: 1
    Options
    I just joined today too. It was recommended by a friend who lost 70 pounds. Good luck to all. I'm feeling really motivated now.
  • anissa7
    anissa7 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have only lived in SD for a few years and don't have a support group/work out buddy, etc. It's been difficult to get and stay motivated. This is exactly what I need.
    Breastfeeding is going great and I'm happy I did it. I just have to do everything the "natural" way (no shakes, supplements, etc) which isn't healthy anyways.
  • nanberube
    nanberube Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Reading these posts are motivating and encouraging. I'm glad I was directed to this site. Here's to all of our successes.