Please share your FWB experiences

Options

Replies

• Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Go to Seaside. It's down the road from Fort Walton Beach. Beach shanties, bungalows, pretty houses, and no college co-eds. There aren't generally a lot of kids, but there are a few. It's kind of like Cape May. Just a place to go and be away from everyone and enjoy the peace and quiet.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Ha ha. I live right near there but have never been.

I do love St. George Island, Mexico Beach and the BEACH in Panama City Beach. The town itself sucks.
  • kendall916
    kendall916 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    oh boy. When I saw the acronym FWB, I thought it was "Friends with Benefits".

I can't be the only one who thought that LOL

same here. Well played OP, well played!
  • dtimedwards
    dtimedwards Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I was hanging out with this one girl... man, you should've seen the size of her... ... ... ... ... 401K
  • FitWithWit44
    FitWithWit44 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Not the FWB I was expecting :| Anyway, Fort Walton is a nice area. I can't really tell you if it is any good without knowing what you are looking for though. Totally different than here in Miami - which can be a party beach (in south beach) or a relaxing beach more north and up into the Palms. FWB, Bahia Honda State Park, Pensacola, Treasure Island, Siesta Beach, Delray Beach are some favorites of mine. Are you looking for camping or anything in particular? I surf all around FL - mostly east coast but grew up and sailed a lot in the gulf of Mexico too.

Edit: Worst places, Daytona Beach, and Panama City Beach - but some like them I just aint feelin them. Even for party type fun I dislike them.

Definitely looking for a family friendly beach. We typically spend much of our vacations relaxing and enjoying the water. No major need for activities, but I do love to try new restaurants.
  • mcafeekevin
    mcafeekevin Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Take a look and see if Siesta Beach or Delray Beach sound good. Siesta is prettier, but I like Delray more however thats pretty much because Delray usually has better surf.
  • water_coloured
    water_coloured Posts: 81 Member
    Options

Lmao same here.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    Never been to Fort Walton Beach. Did a college spring break in PCB - it was cray cray. I don't know much about the panhandle beaches, i'm down in the st. pete area and our beaches are beautiful. I went to high school, and parents still live in, Naples - absolutely beautiful beaches there. very family friendly as it's quite quiet, not a lot of partying, not a college hotspot destination or anything. although, that would take you an additional 12ish hours drive south to reach after hitting the FL state line up there in the panhandle.

whatever you choose, have fun!
  • rml_16
    Options
    Never been to Fort Walton Beach. Did a college spring break in PCB - it was cray cray. I don't know much about the panhandle beaches, i'm down in the st. pete area and our beaches are beautiful. I went to high school, and parents still live in, Naples - absolutely beautiful beaches there. very family friendly as it's quite quiet, not a lot of partying, not a college hotspot destination or anything. although, that would take you an additional 12ish hours drive south to reach after hitting the FL state line up there in the panhandle.

How slow are you driving that it's 12 hours from the FL border to Naples?? I can get to Key West from Tallahassee in 10 hours and the border is less than an hour from here. Tampa is four hours away.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options

How slow are you driving that it's 12 hours from the FL border to Naples?? I can get to Key West from Tallahassee in 10 hours and the border is less than an hour from here. Tampa is four hours away.

50 mph in the middle lane and looking around wondering why everyone else is passing on both sides in such a hurry . . .
  • michellemybelll
    Options

uh. you apparently possess warp capacity speeds 'eh? took me minimally 10 hours after crossing the FL border driving from Baton Rouge, LA to Naples, FL. To make it to Key West is 4 additional hours after you hit Naples. lol. I've been doing the drive from Naples to Key West for going on 15 years now.
  • _Calypso_
    _Calypso_ Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options

uh. you apparently possess warp capacity speeds 'eh? took me minimally 10 hours after crossing the FL border driving from Baton Rouge, LA to Naples, FL. To make it to Key West is 4 additional hours after you hit Naples. lol. I've been doing the drive from Naples to Key West for going on 15 years now.

I live in the Keys and my mom is in Tallahassee - I can get to her in 9hrs and our house in Navarre in just over 11hrs! Take the turnpike the entire way!!
  • rml_16
    Options

No faster than 80.

I suppose if you get stuck in traffic every time ...

I even double checked with Mapquest and it's 7 hours from Tally to Naples on the slow route; 6 hours and 20 minutes on the fast route.

When I drove to Key West I took 10 to 295 to 95 and made it there in 10 hours. That was with going through a crapload of construction.
  • michellemybelll
    Options
    I'm talking from the border of FL/AL coming from Baton Rouge, getting to Naples. google maps tells me 9 hours from Pensacola to Naples, and tells me 4 hours and 57 minutes from Naples (and southeast Naples, not North Naples either) to Key West (which I already noted above from 15 years personal experience).

as far as taking the turnpike from the keys to tally - when you're on the west coast of FL (naples) that is uber out of the way.

ETA: meant to quote response from person right above ^^^
  • FitWithWit44
    Options

Unfortunately beach hopping is not in the budget, so driving distance is not a factor for any of the potential destinations. We will definitely be flying to Florida
  • GunterRose
    GunterRose Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I also thought Friends With Benefits! Glad I'm not the only one!
  • kaaaaylee
    kaaaaylee Posts: 398
    Options

Nope, thought so too. Was less interested when I realized it was about a beach.
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    much rather do Destin!!!
  • FitWithWit44
    Options

Nope, thought so too. Was less interested when I realized it was about a beach.

I have never seen that movie. What is it about?
  • rml_16
    Options
    I'm talking from the border of FL/AL coming from Baton Rouge, getting to Naples. google maps tells me 9 hours from Pensacola to Naples, and tells me 4 hours and 57 minutes from Naples (and southeast Naples, not North Naples either) to Key West (which I already noted above from 15 years personal experience).

as far as taking the turnpike from the keys to tally - when you're on the west coast of FL (naples) that is uber out of the way.

ETA: meant to quote response from person right above ^^^
    From Pensacola, sure. But that still isn't 12 hours from the border to Naples ...

Pensacola is about 3.5 hours from Tally. However, if I were going to drive from Pensacola to Naples, I wouldn't go anywhere near Tally. You can cut that time by going along the coast. If you're coming from the border, though, you'd pick up 10 north of Pensacola and it would be faster.

Thirteen hours from the border to Key West makes sense, though.