Carrot Peanut Butter??

Options
willywonka_71
willywonka_71 Posts: 41 Member
Has anyone ever tried this recipe?

http://www.miravalresorts.com/blog/post.cfm/the-famous-carrot-peanut-butter-recipe

It's basically boiled carrots, pureed, and then mixed with peanut butter.

It's to give the illusion of being able to eat more "peanut butter" at less calories (because more volume is taking up by carrots)

I love my peanut butter, and can't imagine any substitute for it (I have tried a lot! *Gives Walden Farms Whipped Peanut Spread a dirty look*)

I fit peanut butter into my daily calories every day. I have no problem with it's delicious calorie content.

Just wanted to know if anyone has ever tried it, and if so, what does it taste like?

Replies

• lori8431
    lori8431 Posts: 68
    Options
    Have never heard but am now going to try.
  • willywonka_71
    Options
    Have never heard but am now going to try.

If you do try it, I would love to hear your opinion on it :)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    It's funny to me that it's served with carrots.

"Garcon, bring me carrots with a side of carrots."

Honestly carrots being sweet when cooked it looks kind of good. I think I'd call it carrot peanut butter dip though instead of carrot peanut butter if I were to make it. I'd also add spices like cinnamon or nutmeg to it.

I'd serve it with apples and celery and etc. Not with carrots that just seems redundant.

It is something that has my curiosity piqued though.
  • GingerLee13
    GingerLee13 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I love to make satay sauce to serve over veggies like carrots.
  • tattedlady75
    tattedlady75 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Yea, I think I will stick with my PB2. At 100 cal for 2 tbsp that's just a bit too high for me.
  • willywonka_71
    Options
    It's funny to me that it's served with carrots.

"Garcon, bring me carrots with a side of carrots."

Honestly carrots being sweet when cooked it looks kind of good. I think I'd call it carrot peanut butter dip though instead of carrot peanut butter if I were to make it. I'd also add spices like cinnamon or nutmeg to it.

I'd serve it with apples and celery and etc. Not with carrots that just seems redundant.

It is something that has my curiosity piqued though.

LOL...yes serving it with carrots is reduntant!

I like your cinnamon/nutmeg spice idea.