My legs are firm/toned but still fat?

Options
So I am starting my weight loss journey and I've noticed that my legs are toned & firm but, somehow they are still fat. I have muscular legs but, there is mostly fat however it is not the jiggly kind of fat its just firm & tight. But, I need to get rid of the fat on my inner thighs and the front of my thighs. What am I doing wrong? Why aren't my legs loosing fat? Also I am a mesomorph female body type if that changes anything. And the person in the picture isn't me but, they have my dream body type ( just saying) Please help? Can you reccommend workouts/exercises that burn leg/thigh fat? My legs are making me sad :(

Replies

• RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you cannot spot reduce!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Just keep eating at a deficit and do some resistance training to retain your muscle while you lose weight. Be patient and it will come off with time.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Just keep eating at a deficit and do some resistance training to retain your muscle while you lose weight. Be patient and it will come off with time.

QFT
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you cannot spot reduce!

Agree! I wish we could, though! For me, it seems my stomach is where most of my remaining fat resides. I'm hoping to say goodbye to it soon :)
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Sorry, that probably wasn't helpful.

Unfortunately you cannot control where you gain and lose the fat. Your thigh fat might be the slowest place you lose body fat but if you stick with a calorie deficit you'll eventually lose fat there too. What's you exercise routine? You should do some weightlifting to keep your muscle mass while you're losing the fat.
  • Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    PICS.

What you see in the mirror and what is actually there might be very different. Post photos and we might be able to help you come up with ideas.

My current suggestion would be strength training as that will re-shape your body all over and help with burning body fat. Also look into yoga or pilates as they both do well to shape the body.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    So I am starting my weight loss journey and I've noticed that my legs are toned & firm but, somehow they are still fat. I have muscular legs but, there is mostly fat however it is not the jiggly kind of fat its just firm & tight. But, I need to get rid of the fat on my inner thighs and the front of my thighs. What am I doing wrong? Why aren't my legs loosing fat? Also I am a mesomorph female body type if that changes anything. And the person in the picture isn't me but, they have my dream body type ( just saying) Please help? Can you reccommend workouts/exercises that burn leg/thigh fat? My legs are making me sad :(

To be honest your dream bodytype seems to be carrying a fair amount of fat in her *kitten* and upper thighs too. Not that I mind.
  • katya_be
    katya_be Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Same here, I think it's the last place where I will lose weight.. even my butt gets smaller but my thighs don't want to go!
  • XoxoFlowerGirL
    Options
    I forgot to mention that they look fat or thick to the point where I kind of look knock kneed. & I know I am not because, before I gained weight my legs didn't look like that. So I know it's fat but, I don't understand why my legs are so firm/toned and why the fat hasn't gone? I guess it's my last place to go? They look kind of "chunky"... :ohwell:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mention that they look fat or thick to the point where I kind of look knock kneed. & I know I am not because, before I gained weight my legs didn't look like that. So I know it's fat but, I don't understand why my legs are so firm/toned and why the fat hasn't gone? I guess it's my last place to go? They look kind of "chunky"... :ohwell:

If your ticker is accurate you've got a way to go. I wouldn't worry yet. Fat can look different on different people and in different locations. I would have sworn that I didn't have stomach fat, for example, because relative to the rest of me my stomach was firm and smooth. But it was fat just the same and eventually it came off.
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    If you just started and need to lose 70 lb then just kept going they will get smaller
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

Yes, thank you for stating that you are a mesomorph female type because it changes everything. For me. It changes me from wanting to answer your question, to not wanting to answer your question.

I see some faves and smarties in here though so I feel safe to say just follow the advice you've been given already and TAKE IT. No matter how much it hurts just take it. Take it all. It's good for you. In time you will learn to like it. Love it even.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Trying to figure out how you can have both toned & fat legs at the same time?
  • XoxoFlowerGirL
    Options

http://www.thighfatcenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/kat.jpg

Like this picture. I'm new so I don't know if I posted the picture properly.:indifferent:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

Like this picture. I'm new so I don't know if I posted the picture properly.:indifferent:

I thought "toned" meant you could see muscle.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    it takes time...It took me 2 years to get where I am now, still fat over muscle, but definitely a big change...people notice that.

I still have a long way to "run", literally.

I pretty much do everything, from squat with heavy weights to road running, and barre/ballet, and insanity...
  • albayin
    Options

yes, I agree and my transfermation is very close to this picture...still fat, but better than before.
  • albayin
    Options

To be honest your dream bodytype seems to be carrying a fair amount of fat in her *kitten* and upper thighs too. Not that I mind.

never mind...saw it now...well...the lower and upper doesn't seem belong to the same person...
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

never mind...saw it now...well...the lower and upper doesn't seem belong to the same person...

Yeah I think its shopped to put a more curvy woman's butt and thighs on a very lean woman's body.
  • angel7472
    angel7472 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with the profile pic...it is WAY out of proportion! Anyway you cant spot reduce. As you lose your body will take fat from where it wants to. Im 5'6" 127 pounds and still have chunky thighs. My saddlebags are the worst area and Ive looked and there is nothing that can be done short of plastic surgery or losing more weight! I refuse to lose more so Im stuck with them! Such is life. You gotta learn to love yourself flaws and all :flowerforyou: