hi newbie here

Options
hi here i am the wrong side of 45 and struggling to lose weight .. made harder by type two diabetis..like a double edged sword really i have this because i put on the weight. and its fighting me tryin to lose the weight.. i am trying to find my way about the site and reading some of the posts.. good luck to all x

Replies

• twnzmom
    twnzmom Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Welcome Katie, I hope you find the site as helpful as all of us have. It has awesome support. Good luck. You just made the first step to a healthier you.
  • lorikay6
    lorikay6 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I am 46 and I just joined a week ago and found this site awesome! I lost weight and I am finally going to put myself first for a change!
  • meljr66
    meljr66 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am a newbie as well. I just finished day four and I feel so hopeful! This format is easy to use and reading the message boards helps to keep me motivated because it makes me realize that we are all in this boat together! Good luck!!!:
  • MrBuckeye
    Options
    This is day 18 for me. I am down 11 pounds, low thyroid and all. I am doing well to stay right around my daily calorie goal. I am lifting weights every other day. I also do the elliptical 4-5 times a week. Are we allowed to eat some of the extra calories we earn? I haven't been. Most days I am plus 600-800 calories due to the exercise.
  • Awinters24
    Options
    Hey everyone, I am also new to this site and am looking for peoiple to talk to that are going thorugh the same weight loss issues i am. I having been trying for a very long time to be successful with my weight loss and have always found failure. I finally know why it has never worked before, and that is because i never really wanted to take the time to do it right. I wanted the quick fix,. Well now i know thats it's not that easy and that i am finally ready to make the lifestyle change i need to lose the weight and keep it off!! I wish everyone here success!!