Logging Weight Lost vs Regain

Options
Question to you my friends. How do you log you weight loss? Do you log regains or leave them at the lowest weight until the scales moves again?

Replies

• Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Question to you my friends. How do you log you weight loss? Do you log regains or leave them at the lowest weight until the scales moves again?

I just record my weight everyday regardless.
  • rebeccatackett
    rebeccatackett Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I just leave mine at the lowest weight. If I happen to lose any and drop below that weight, then I will log it. Otherwise, I'd get too depressed that my log says "you have gained".
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    My scale connects to my home wifi and automatically uploads my weighins. I used to delete all but the new lows, but now just let them be. I can look back and see the trend over time. If you look at my profile, you'll see my current pic is a 3 month trend and I have a 1 month photo posted also. There are ups & downs, but overall its more down.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    More data more knowledge more ability to predict future trends imo.

If you are so emotionally affected by the number on the scale and your scale is digital maybe change it to display a measure you are less familiar with. If you think of your weight in terms of pounds just change the scale to display kilograms or stones. You won't have the emotional attachment to that number but you can still track your progress.
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I just leave mine at the lowest weight. If I happen to lose any and drop below that weight, then I will log it. Otherwise, I'd get too depressed that my log says "you have gained".

I actually so the same but thought about it this morning as I was logging a loss.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I only log my losses as any gains for me are typically water/glycogen stores which to me don't mean anything as they will be gone within hours/days/ or a couple weeks.

ETA: significant gains due to vacations are logged even if they are gone in a couple weeks (4lbs or more)