day 3 of 7 day/eat your heart out/satan diet

Options
day 3 is solely vegetables and fruits. day 1 was just fruit, day 2 was just vegetables. from the faq and reviews of this diet i've read, most people lost their water weight by today. i have lost nothing. I'm about to start my period and i usually gain up to 5 lbs of water weight, which is where i'm at. since i havent lost anything, is it worth it to keep going? i'm sick of eating no protein and still weighing the same.

Replies

• Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    day 3 is solely vegetables and fruits. day 1 was just fruit, day 2 was just vegetables. from the faq and reviews of this diet i've read, most people lost their water weight by today. i have lost nothing. I'm about to start my period and i usually gain up to 5 lbs of water weight, which is where i'm at. since i havent lost anything, is it worth it to keep going? i'm sick of eating no protein and still weighing the same.

Well the good news is if you keep up that diet you won't have to worry about your period anymore because you won't be having one.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Satan only eats fruit and vegetables? I figured he was into meat
  • Aaron_K123
    Options

I assume that comes on day seven, when God is off resting.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    No protein???? Is this the lose all your muscle diet?
  • Sovi_
    Sovi_ Posts: 575 Member
    Options

I assume that comes on day seven, when God is off resting.

I hate when people make up lies about me.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    is it worth it to keep going?

Not even a little bit.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Eat my heart out?

got-10-1.jpg

ETA: a working link.
  • Aaron_K123
    Options
    OP in all seriousness avoiding protein completely is stupid, and dangerous. Your iron intake is basically zero right now which means you are going to get anemic if you keep it up which means your body will start shutting down functions that require a fair amount of iron or would deplete iron such as....well...your period.

This is a hugely imbalanced and unhealthy diet that will benefit you in no way shape or form. I get that apparently its a "7 day diet" and then presumably you stop. I want you to think about though, if a diet can only be maintained for 7 days...is it healthy? The answer is NO.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I have a serious question...Why would you want to lose WATER weight!?
  • Aaron_K123
    Options

Because scale is lord
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Eat my heart out?

got-10-1.jpg

ETA: a working link.

Damn, beat me!
  • mkmarasch
    mkmarasch Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Have you read this message board? There is some great, basic information, here.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819925-the-basics-don-t-complicate-it

Good luck to you!
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options

Because scale is lord

All hail the mighty scale. Long may you reign to reveal my water retention and lack of bowel movement.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    OP in all seriousness avoiding protein completely is stupid, and dangerous. Your iron intake is basically zero right now which means you are going to get anemic if you keep it up which means your body will start shutting down functions that require a fair amount of iron or would deplete iron such as....well...your period.

This is a hugely imbalanced and unhealthy diet that will benefit you in no way shape or form. I get that apparently its a "7 day diet" and then presumably you stop. I want you to think about though, if a diet can only be maintained for 7 days...is it healthy? The answer is NO.

Tell em. Stop doing these weight loss gimmicks. They do not work. If you need help just ask. That the whole point of forum.
  • spara0038
    spara0038 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Well, overall I would say it wouldn't be worth it to continue that way purely because it seems like eating only one kind of food would mean that you're missing out on nutrients.

As Aaron_K123 mentioned, avoiding protein is REALLY not a good idea, especially if you are supposed to have your period soon. I've been iron deficient. Not fun. Ends up doing more harm than good. Trust me on that one- I won't get into the details on that one but iron deficiency cost be an OBGYN visit or two in the past.

I would say figure out how many calories you should consume, then fit your normal eating habits around that. You shouldn't get progress in 3 days, and if you are discouraged after only 3 days in, where are you going to get the motivation to continue the lifestyle for weeks/months/years?
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options

All hail the mighty scale. Long may you reign to reveal my water retention and lack of bowel movement.

:laugh: :drinker:

(edited to add proper quote area)
  • edisonsbulb
    edisonsbulb Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    TROLOLOLOL.gif
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Mola_Ram.jpg
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    You only need 8 grams a protein a day!

But srs, OP. NO.
  • lenzlifefit
    Options
    eating only fruits and veggies, will not dropp water weight your body is designed to intake and preserve calories. looks like your body is on preserving now. want to lose water weight safe and healthy. its simple limit salt (sodium) intake, drink 8 cold cups of water daily. cold water speeds up your matabloism and make your body work harder to raise the temp of the water you drank which helps your body burn calories as well. more fiber baby spinach, aspergus, and almonds help. DONT STOP EATING PROTEIN. I have done this and seen great results