Any non-milk drinkers who breastfeed? *WOMEN ONLY*

Options
calibriintx
calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
Hi. I don't drink milk but I want to breastfeed when my baby is born. Has anyone done this successfully? I don't think anyone actually knows how the milk gets from the COW to inside the woman's breasts. If it was through drinking it, wouldn't men lactate too? I guess that's a question for more educated minds, so back to my original: has anyone successfully breastfed without actually drinking the cow's milk?:flowerforyou:

Replies

• WildCatClimbs
    WildCatClimbs Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Seriously, are you trolling or do you really think breast milk comes from cows?
  • calibriintx
    Options

I've seen goat's milk at the store too, so I guess it would work the same as milk from a cow. I don't really like any milk but I would willing to try coconut milk or almond milk if it means I can BF. I don't know if those "count" though.
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Please ask your doctor or lactation consultant. Perhaps they can clear up any misconceptions
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Please ask your doctor or lactation consultant. Perhaps they can clear up any misconceptions

^^This.

I hate drinking milk, and practically had it forced down me when MIL came to visit. Ugh. But don't worry, I breastfeed DD until she was about 22 months (OK, not so much at the end..). And I don't think I had more milk than a splash in my tea every day.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

I've seen goat's milk at the store too, so I guess it would work the same as milk from a cow. I don't really like any milk but I would willing to try coconut milk or almond milk if it means I can BF. I don't know if those "count" though.

I don't think those would work, because those come from nuts, and women don't have nuts.
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    It's a well know fact that humans were unable to breastfeed before we domesticated animals.
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options

I don't think those would work, because those come from nuts, and women don't have nuts.

So you're saying that men who drink coconut or almond milk can breastfeed. Cool.
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    say-what17.gif
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    say-what17.gif
    Once again for clarification
  • calibriintx
    Options

But women don't need nuts to breastfeed.:noway:
  • LynneW1983
    LynneW1983 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about this too much, you will be lucky if they let you leave the hospital with the baby. Have you ever seen cows drink milk to produce milk, the mind boggles eh. Hahahahaha.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Are you pregnant now?
  • NearlyJen
    NearlyJen Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Kgeyser, you're awesome. lol.

On another note, do you know that you make people start drinking really early when they can't tell if you're a troll or just an idiot? Not nice.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    WOW....
  • kgeyser
    Options

But women don't need nuts to breastfeed.:noway:

Milk from lactating animals with nipples is better. Similarities and such.
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about this too much, you will be lucky if they let you leave the hospital with the baby

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • kgeyser
    Options

So you're saying that men who drink coconut or almond milk can breastfeed. Cool.

Didn't you read the title? WOMEN ONLY. We're not talking about male breastfeeding. Don't try to hijack the thread into a discussion about men and milking nuts.
  • Miss_XVX
    Miss_XVX Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you should start drinking coconut milk!

But this would be nuts.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

I have a response to this, but I just really can't think of any way to word it without getting a strike.

I fail the interwebz!
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Kgeyser, you're awesome. lol.

On another note, do you know that you make people start drinking really early when they can't tell if you're a troll or just an idiot? Not nice.

Two ways to detect an idiot:

1. Their sarcasm detector is broken
    2. Their satire detector is broken