Question for advance fitness type people

Options
I'm not an expert on fitness. When I first started working out I was using the Wii Fit and walking. I graduated to Zumba DVDs and I was doing Zumba exclusively. As I started losing iches and some weight I decided I needed to add some strength training and chose Kettleworx. I am doing one day of 45 min. Zumba, the next day 20 min. Kettleworx and 15 min. Zumba abs. I am alternating like this for the most part. I like both of them a lot - not bored, actually look forward to doing them which is a major milestone for me!

My question is - is this a good plan? Weight loss wise I have stalled a little since adding the Kettleworx, but I think that is because I'm building more muscle. My clothes are literally falling off me.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    Yes adding some strength training is a good idea. ALthough, in general I use kettlebells more for conditioning work than strength but if you are new to working out then they will work well.

As you said, don't worry about the scales. If you are eating at a deficit (after exercise) you will lose weight and most importantly if you are incorporating some strength training in your workouts and getting an adequate amount of protein (20% minimum I believe but I use 30%) then the majority of the weight should be fat which is important as increasing muscle mass increases your BMR and will help to prevent any yo-yo dieting.
  • Annista
    Annista Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You are probably gaining muscle since you can tell in your clothes. I have stalled with my weight loss on the scale too! I've worked out for years and I have learned to go buy how my clothes fit and not so much on the number on the scale. Your plan sounds good, you will know when you need to kick it up another notch when it is no longer challenging. Keep up the good work!!