Calories

aneajo
aneajo Posts: 287 Member
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
So my thing keeps telling me Im not eating enough calories. Im eating 3 meals a day plus some snacks and the food is diet food. Just regular every day food. Ive given up almost all my pop and sweets.

So am I supposed to eat more? Or just don't worry about it?

Replies

• jmmtaylor
    jmmtaylor Posts: 225
    Mine almost always says that too. Just listen to your body. If you are starving at night before bed then I'd eat more during the day...if your not then I'd say you are good doing what your doing. Your body will let you know.
  • add in additional snacks (healthy) and see if that gets you up. how far are you off usually? if its a little, don't worry, if its alot, i would start looking at setting up a different eating plan.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    I had to force myself to start eating more. You get just used to it. Now I can't imagine eating any less.
  • aneajo
    Im usually off a couple hundred or so. Im not hungry when I go to bed and not that hungry when I wake up. So I don't get it.

O well. LOL
  • The thing about eating at least 1200 calories is that if your body goes into "starvation mode" then it will hold on to extra fat because it thinks that you are in a situation where you can't eat enough to function properly. I like to think of it as "survival mode" cause it sounds nicer then the starvation one. If you want to get to your 1200 calories but don't want to eat any junk (I can't stay out of the dark chocolate) then I would suggest eating something that is high calorie but also very healthy for you. Pumpkin or sunflower seeds are a good option. Or a few almonds (which, if you eat about 6 almonds about 30 minutes before eating they will help carry any fat in the foods you eat right on out). If you want a few extra calories without it being a snack you could do something like add some avocado to a salad or sandwich. There are a lot of little tricks to get you up to the calorie amount that your body needs to do all of the awesome things it does. :) Hope this helps! Happy calorie counting!!! :flowerforyou:
  • aneajo
    Seems totally wrong to be looking FOR calories, but ok, I will try.
    I havn't lost anything in the last couple of days, so maybe that is one reason. Weird. LOL
This discussion has been closed.