Need Diet Buddy - Going Dairy and Wheat Free

Hey there,

I am looking for someone that wants to change their diet but is struggling to do so. I want to go dairy and wheat free since I perform so much better when I avoid them. You don't have to be doing the same thing as me though. Whatever you want to do is fine by me.

If you are interested in keeping each other on track while holding each other accountable, let me know :)

Replies

• cadaver0usb0nes
    cadaver0usb0nes Posts: 151 Member
    Why would you want to do that if you aren't allergic? Cheese and bread forever <3
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Why would you want to do that if you aren't allergic? Cheese and bread forever <3

This! Unless you have a medical condition...
  • TrailRunnermn
    TrailRunnermn Posts: 105 Member
    My performance in the gym is night and day when I avoid these. Plus I get instantly leaner when I avoid breads and dairy.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Okay then. Good luck! I love them both too much.
  • TrailRunnermn
    Lol thank you very much :) I love them too but I know what's best for my body. The opiate-like characteristics dairy and wheat possess make it kind of tough!
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    My wife is allergic to wheat and lactose so it was easy for her. I do recommend the spaghetti squash used as the pasta in spaghetti. Add some fresh zucchini and mushrooms to the marinara. You have a great meal for about 300 calories.
  • Hey! I'm a coeliac and have been gluten free for 20 years now. I know loads of people who feel better when they avoid gluten and dairy, I'm new to hear so might not be the best person to motivate you with your weight lose and exercise goals (although I'll try!) but do feel free to message me with any questions you might have in regards to gluten free eating. Good luck!
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    I know dairy can be bad for the sinuses...but I just can't stop eating Talenti Gelato...bonus, it helps ease the sore throat from said sinuses...vicious cycle. Haha. Or I'm a gluten for punishment.
  • AtticWindow
    AtticWindow Posts: 295 Member
    I know dairy can be bad for the sinuses...but I just can't stop eating Talenti Gelato...bonus, it helps ease the sore throat from said sinuses...vicious cycle. Haha. Or I'm a gluten for punishment.

giphy.gif
  • TrailRunnermn
    My wife is allergic to wheat and lactose so it was easy for her. I do recommend the spaghetti squash used as the pasta in spaghetti. Add some fresh zucchini and mushrooms to the marinara. You have a great meal for about 300 calories.

I will do that. Thank you for the tip :) Congrats to your wife :)
  • fitnforward
    fitnforward Posts: 62 Member
    Hello~ I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease 2 yrs ago and 2 weeks ago he added Dairy free to it. That's when I knew I had to make a serious change and lose weight and exercise. Wake up call. Gluten Free with Dairy Free is really hard...but you get accustomed to it. You suffer miserably if you don't. Going dairy free has really helped me. I love milk, cheese, ice cream etc. No more bloating, irritability, headaches, weight gain. Wishing you the best on your journey! I'll be glad to join you! :wink:
  • abrand2014
    abrand2014 Posts: 24 Member
    I'm willing to try this! :)
    I don't eat much dairy as is.. I hate milk, yogurt I eat once in a while.. and i could probably give up cheese!
    Wheat/bread same thing.. I could probably live without it as long as I knew of enough yummy recipes.
    Im wanting to try anything at this point, Im in :)!