On A Journey To A New Me!

Options
Kalyn
Kalyn Posts: 15 Member
Hello!!! My name is Kalyn. I am 28 years old and from a small town in Ohio. I signed up for this site a long time ago, but just started using it a couple of days ago.

My weight has been and issue all of my life. 2 years ago me and my husband both lost quite a bit of weight (I lost close to 60lbs). A lot of issues came up in my life and I got off track. I ended up quitting smoking (still smoke free 2.5 years later!!!) and replaced my cigarettes with food. Needless to say I have gained all of my weight back, along with some extra! While I am just getting started again I feel good just taking this first step. I have great support from my family, but I hope to be able to make some friends on here. I feel you can never have too much support!!!!

I am pretty busy. I work full time in a retail environment and I have a very irregular schedule. I feel like I am always on the go, so it is not easy for me to always fix real elaborate meals and snack. I try to keep things as simple as possible. While at work it is really hard for me to eat healthy too. I am usually reaching for the quickest thing to pop in my mouth, which unfortunately is always candy, I am starting to keep granola bars with me and gum to chew on to keep from wanting something sweet.

When I lost weight before me and my husband were very into bike riding. I can't wait to start doing that again. We seen some very interesting things while bike riding and it helped us to connect on a different level, and we were also improving our physical health!!!!

Please don't hesitate to add me as a friend on here! I am always excited to meet new people!!!!:happy:

Replies

• EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    You deserve to be healthy in both body and mind.. Congrats on getting on here.. Good luck.. It's all worth it in the end.. Want it so bad you can taste it babe.. xo
  • cnflet2
    cnflet2 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    OMG i know exactly how you feel. I used to work full time in clothing retail and go to college, so my schedule seemed non stop and the easiest thing to do was stop by mc donalds or grab whatever was laying around.

heres what helped me:

change the stuff thats laying around. i find that even now if theres candy nearby- ill eat it.
    carry healthy food with you. i almost always have an apple in my purse. its more filling than a granola bar and wont get bruised easily like other fruit. yum.
    prepare in advance. if you know youll be busy tmw then spend 5 minutes the night before making a lunch to bring with
    SEARCH THE WEB- i still eat fast food BUT i look up the nutritional facts online in advance. wendys chilli is actually pretty good, subway has healthy and tasty options, and a couple other places do to. i find the best couple options and then when im at the drive thru i pick from one of those

hope this helps
    questions or comments -just ask