Just ran for the 1st time -nausea/dizzy- will it get easier?

Options
2»

Replies

• Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    it's addicting

I agree. I sign up for so many races and a lot of the fun is the training for the race. and of course the bling!
  • soxobsessed
    soxobsessed Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    it's addicting

I agree. I sign up for so many races and a lot of the fun is the training for the race. and of course the bling!

My BF and I are going to make me a race show off board, something I can hang my number and medals on, I can't wait
  • diamonddaveperry
    diamonddaveperry Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    But my question is - where should I start? 1 mile? 2 miles? How have you guys started running as beginners?

Go for time, not distance. 30 minutes at the pace I described is great--just fast enough so that it's hard to carry on a conversation. (You may have to talk to yourself. ;) )
  • aisha786
    aisha786 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I started doing aerobics 3 times a week. I thought I could make it but it's really a lot for me. I have no stamina, no strength etc. I am excellent though on the elliptical machine ---- comparatively speaking! However, one time in my aerobics class I felt just like you. I thought I was going to throw up, started coughing, chest pain, dizzy etc. On the floor off the machine I am terrible...but working on that. It was one on one so my trainer lets us slow down a bit when I feel like throwing up.

Next time, take your heart rate. Make sure you're not too far up there. Use a site to calculate where it should be if you don't know. On the elliptical I keep it high and steady but on the floor it's out of control. All the muscles working is hard.