fast metabolism diet

Options
Hi my doctor told me to try the fast metabolism diet.I started it on Monday. But I have messed up all 3 days so far. I can't stop having my sweets. I'm doing everything I can to stick to it.but on the good note I lost 2 pounds since I started this diet.who is on or were on this diet. I need help.so maybe we have help each other or people can give me some pointers.

Replies

• HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    What on earth is the "fast metabolism diet"??
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    ee9073fc50c7b0f472ded37f92b23807.gif
  • getlean414
    getlean414 Posts: 27
    Options
    umm ya kinda forgot to tell us what the fast metabolism diet is ..
  • bigcrystal123
    bigcrystal123 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Sorry about that.its a book by haylie pomroy. There are 3 phases. The first phase is Monday and Tuesday. U eat lots of carbs and fruit.phase 2 is Wednesday and Thursday.lots of protein and veggies.phase 3 is Friday, Saturday and Sunday all of the above plus healthy fats and oils
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Hiya. You're the same height as me (almost I'm 5'3.5") and your starting weight is around what I started out at (I was 170 lbs June of last year). I know it's tempting to want to do this as fast as you can. Trust me, it feels like it takes too long, there's months you feel like there's no change. But it is worth doing it the right way. Slowly. When you take weight loss at a slower rate, you are more likely to succeed long term, learn sustainable habits, and most importantly lose fat and not fat and muscle (which isn't good!). I've got two little ones myself, a 3 year old and a 1 year old as of Friday!! You can do this without a diet. Make this a change for forever. Here's a great read, if you haven't seen it and good luck

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

If your goals are getting in shape and keeping up with your kids, simply losing weight will not be enough. You have to build up stamina from working your cardiovascular system. You take this one step at a time, one day at a time. I started doing wall push ups and dancing in my living room, lifting with just the bar in weightlifting. Little steps. Something like the fast metabolism doesn't sound very promising
  • HerkMeOff
    Options
    Sorry about that.its a book by haylie pomroy. There are 3 phases. The first phase is Monday and Tuesday. U eat lots of carbs and fruit.phase 2 is Wednesday and Thursday.lots of protein and veggies.phase 3 is Friday, Saturday and Sunday all of the above plus healthy fats and oils

Stop doing that.

Start eating a little less, moving a little more.
  • bigcrystal123
    Options
    I have been at least trying to follow breakfast, lunch and dinners. Because u have to home cook. I can't stop drinking my tea and I do need my sugary snacks.I have been eating healthy since Monday.so that's a good thing for me.
  • HerkMeOff
    Options
    I have been at least trying to follow breakfast, lunch and dinners. Because u have to home cook. I can't stop drinking my tea and I do need my sugary snacks.I have been eating healthy since Monday.so that's a good thing for me.

I'm not following...

But good luck!
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    She's endorsed by Dr. Oz, so naturally I'm skeptical, as Dr. Oz is a hack.

I also have to wonder what sort of doctor would recommend this diet to you. Is this doctor an MD?
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Ditto what ^she said. Make sure your doctor is an MD (medical doctor that went to med school) not a doctorate in psuedo science or Eng. Lit or something. If it IS an MD I would get a second opinion! Your MD sounds like a total quack!
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1009593-the-fast-metabolism-diet-by-haylie-pomroy

Let's see ... a diet that claims it isn't about calories in vs out that has people eat under 800 calories for four days a week with a whopping 1200 cals per day on weekends (gross, not net calories).

Unsustainable ... unhealthy long term ... but a money maker for the author.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    no such thing as a "fast metabolism diet"

IMO you will have much better progress with the "calorie deficit diet" ..

Eat the foods you like, just eat less of them, and make sure you are in a calorie deficit..

moving more/working out more is a nice addition to this as well, but it is not required….
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    Is your doctor named Dr. Oz? Seriously though, please forward me his name if he has a "fast metabolism diet."
  • CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Ditto what ^she said. Make sure your doctor is an MD (medical doctor that went to med school) not a doctorate in psuedo science or Eng. Lit or something. If it IS an MD I would get a second opinion! Your MD sounds like a total quack!
    +1. I've never heard a medical doctor recommend anything like this. Not every doctor recommends calorie counting. There are reasonable alternatives like Weight Watchers or MyPlate. This sounds faddy. It's certainly not a sustainable way to eat for the rest of your life (desirable) and avoids food groups (undesirable).
  • bigcrystal123
    Options
    Yes my doctor went to school and has a Md behind his name. I guess him and his family has started it and they've losing weight.he lost 17 pounds within a month.I will do my best to try it. I have been eating a lot healthier since I got this book.more fruits and vegetables. More home cooked meals not premade.
  • brianpperkins
    Options
    Yes my doctor went to school and has a Md behind his name. I guess him and his family has started it and they've losing weight.he lost 17 pounds within a month.I will do my best to try it. I have been eating a lot healthier since I got this book.more fruits and vegetables. More home cooked meals not premade.

Let us know how much he, and you, regain after this illogical plan.
  • HerkMeOff
    Options

Have fun!
  • brianpperkins
    Options
    “But you must eat something within the first 30 minutes so your body doesn’t have to run on fumes. Also, please don’t exercise before you put something in your stomach. I tell my clients, ‘Don’t fast and then go fast” You might think you’re burning more fat this way, but in reality it is one of the worst things you can do to your metabolism”

“Calories are a lie”

“Rule #1: you must eat five times per day, 35 times a week”

“You may not skip any meals or snacks”

Finally, a book that makes broscience look well thought out and proven.
  • Shimmerrzz
    Shimmerrzz Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I have been on the fast metabolism diet since January 30th, I have lost 51 pounds, and I have never eaten cleaner, drank more water, eaten a healthy breakfast more consistantly, stayed away from caffiene, soda, and pre-made foods or felt better....everyone who is putting down this diet should read the book....it speaks many truths, BTW, I was recommended this book by a nephrologist that I work with....an MD, so read the book, then tell me how much better you're doing! :tongue: