just signed up :)

Options
hey everyone!
a friend referred to me to this website, and I'm so excited about it!

I've always been "chubby" my whole life - it killed my confidence when I was growing up. I never thought I was pretty enough, good enough.. I imagined every aspect of my life would be better if I was "skinny."

Well - now I've been with my first boyfriend for just over 2 years... being with him made me realize my true beauty, in and out. I've also grown into my curves (that I LOVE to have!) and don't hate my body as much as I used to.

kicker to the story - I'm actually training to become a professional wrestler, which is one reason I want to lose weight..to become more toned & athletic looking, and have better body control.

The other reason.. it's just something I've been trying to do my WHOLE life.. and I'm not one to quit on my battles, so it just HAS to be done. I'm only looking to lose 15-20lbs.. 30 at most. I'm more focused on toning up, eating healthy, and improving my cardio. Right now, aside from the wrestling, I started kickboxing and just started P90X yesterday. If I can get my diet on track (hence this site), I think I'll be on my way!

Replies

• AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your journey! :flowerforyou:
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    great to have you!
  • wan2b21
    wan2b21 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Welcome to the site!! You are going to love what P90X does to your body =)
  • freya1948
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. Awesome goal you set for yourself =>
  • poopamomma
    poopamomma Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site :)
  • nuttybuttersmommy
    nuttybuttersmommy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Welcome... I have found this site to be very helpful. And the people here have been very helpful and supportive...
  • wh0a_is_me
    Options
    thanks everyone!

@wan2b21 - I've tried P90X a few times.. it was a little discouraging though. But, now since I've been kickboxing, it's definitely a lot easier.. still difficult, obviously, but I have the mental strength to get through it, and much better body control. So I'm excited to really use it this time!