double chin?!

Options
One thing I notice in my every picture lately , my ugly double chin!!!! GRRRR!!!
I already started eating better and exercising but anyone has any tips about how to get rid of the double chin? anyting special?

Replies

• agdeierl
    agdeierl Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I'm anxious to hear if anyone has any suggestions, too, though I'm pretty sure there's nothing you can do for it. If it's not a "natural" double chin, then if you keep losing weight, you'll lose the double chin. I'm almost positive there are no "exercises" you can do for it, just cardio to burn the fat off. However, a lot of people, including me, have a genetic double chin. I didn't have one before I gained the weight (though I'm not overweight currently), but everyone in my family has one, even the people that weigh 100 pounds! It does run in some families...hopefully not yours.
  • jeforeverje
    jeforeverje Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What I like to do is chin exercises........I do this every day and supposedly people see results......Okay, so this is what I do, look straight and then look up at the ceiling....and opening and closing your mouth as though you were chewing on something....it's funny I know...but I also seen this advice on yahoo......hope it helps!!! :):smile:
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I do an old yoga exercise for mine - just once in awhile when I remember it. I have however, lost 34 lbs and noticed a dramatic change in how far I can now put my chin to my chest! Yay!

I did find this YouTube video that includes the one that I do. I do not use the chin strap. Good Luck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnrfY1wgSZc
  • 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    i'm not sure about exercises however practice posing some for pictures if it bothers you. lift your head slightly and see if your smile may be contributing to it. you may be very thin and just the muscle shape has to be manipulated. trust me you never see a movie star with a chin down :)
  • SparkleKittie
    Options
    I've noticed my double-chin going away through weight-loss in general.
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    Once I lost the weight it went away...When I hit the half way mark I noticed I big difference but I would say the biggest difference hit once I hit my goal.

This is a very GOOD picture of my double chin.

44766_149681291716625_100000242665972_372540_3466741_n.jpg

And thank heavens its gone! It took time, but it does go away! I guess the after picture is my profile picture! lol!
  • dtcauley4
    dtcauley4 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    i have been trying belly dancing..it has a lot of neck movements. I have only lost 10 lbs but I can see a huge difference in my face and neck. I just DVR'd a belly dancing workout from fit tv. I like Zumba better =)
  • Fatoshie
    Fatoshie Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Yeah I never had a double chin problem until i started gaining weight im hoping it will go away by the time i lose weight but i was just wondering if theres any special tricks to make it go faster, lol.
    thanx everyone! :)
  • Grim123
    Options
    I grew a beard.
    but I guess that wold be a last ditch idea for you
  • sarahwright01
    sarahwright01 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    you can actually encourage the double chin to go away by making sure you practice really good posture during exercising. Stretch your neck nice and tall and try to NOT have a double chin during your work outs. This really helps me get it to diminish
  • lordofultima
    Options
    lol, that's like asking if doing sit-ups are going to make your abs show up. You can't spot remove fat, only through proper nutrition and exercise will you lose the face fat. Your body decides where the fat comes off, but usually the face is the first part that starts to lose significant fat, which is why people get that "WOW you look thin!" response from close friends or family, even though they just started losing weight.
  • Fatoshie
    Fatoshie Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I grew a beard.
    but I guess that wold be a last ditch idea for you

LOL Awesome idea.. but I wouldnt want to look older.. you know :D
  • cseidl
    cseidl Posts: 3
    Options
    I usually lose weight in my face before i lose weight anywhere else. so, maybe you will see results there first like i do. +