I dont think I am eating enough!...

I am ALWAYS hungry! I think about food all day every day! Lol

Okay seriously, MFP has me set at 1260 calories a day. Suddenly, I feel like this isnt right! I am not trying to lose weight. I really trying to tone up and shed belly fat. I thought this was okay but now that I think about it..I am ALWAYS hungry! Do you know how hard it is to find a good filling meal thats only 300 calories?! It sucks! Then when I go over, I snack on cashews and chocolate chips instead of having a meal! (I kinda dont mind that because I lOVE cashews and its a MUFA).

I ran across something called TDEE 20 and TDEE 15. This is more like it! If I do 20%, my calories intake should be 1698. If its 15%, its 1804. How do I know which one to use? Will I lose my belly eating more calories? HELP!

I AM LEARNING SO MUCH FROM YOU GUYS...

Replies

• mom2kpr
    mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
    If you're not trying to lose weight, but "tone", eat slightly above maintenance & start a weight lifting program. Losing weight alone won't make you tone. Lifting weights will make you more fit. You might find you actually gain a few pounds, but lose inches & look smaller.
  • rachf2013
    rachf2013 Posts: 69
    I think 1200 is way too low, thats what MFP had me on originally. It's too hard to each the right foods at that low of calories. I put mine at 1600, I still lose a little bit every month but it is slower. However, Im happier and less obsessive over every single bite.
  • ashnicbro
    ashnicbro Posts: 26 Member
    If you're not trying to lose weight, but "tone", eat slightly above maintenance & start a weight lifting program. Losing weight alone won't make you tone. Lifting weights will make you more fit. You might find you actually gain a few pounds, but lose inches & look smaller.

I know about lifting. I was only referring to the diet part. I should have mentioned that before. Sorry! Thank you though!