podemter or hrm???

Options
hey gusy i am off out this morning just to see if i can get my self somethign to help me count my calories just a little better does any one know witch is the best to get or will it make no difference, between a hrm or a podemter??????

x

Replies

• Fatoshie
    Fatoshie Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    how about something that combines both? :)
    I know there are some gadgets out there that shows your heart rate, how long you've been walking, how far you walked, how many calories you burned etc.. I thought about getting one too
  • emkam11
    emkam11 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    that sounds good hun , i may have a look for them are they expencive i was just looking for a cheap thing just to get me started untill i can get a better one when i get paid next month,

i just wasnt sure whats the best thing to get tbh , x
  • edemair
    edemair Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    HRM!
  • mykaar74
    mykaar74 Posts: 253
    Options
    HRM definitely, and polar has some great ones. And if is definitely a great investment because the calories that MFP give you are wayyyyyyyyyyyy over what you really burn, I'm so glad I hadn't been eating back my exercise calories because I would have been greatly disappointed when I weighed in. DEFINITELY INVEST IN A HRM, YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT
  • mobymarsh
    mobymarsh Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    not got a heart monitor but i will be using my pedometer when i walk my 3 miles to work and 3 miles home tonight
  • slim4lyf
    slim4lyf Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Finally somebody who agrees with the calories being over . THANK you!
    I use HRM in the Gym only, but for my every day walking I use a Pedometer, I make sure I do my five miles per day during breaks and Lunch and it really keeps me on Track. Mine is an expensive one but I only use the step count, none of the other functions. As long as it at least has you input your stride to measure the distance you walk, it is good to go. No need for fancy!

Have a great day everybody.:bigsmile: :