small issue with eating out

Options
13»

Replies

• wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    I find it really sad that you don't feel you can go out with your kids and enjoy a meal. Why lose all this weight if you can't enjoy your life? I'm a 40 year old female and eat 1400 cal plus exercise cals. As a male who weighs more, you can easily lose weight eating a lot more. 1200 is not sustainable long term and you need to fuel your body. A child can eat more. You must be losing muscle at a rapid pace. I don't believe you will be happy with your results losing so fast.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I love these thread titles

It made me a little sad at first. Then when I came in and saw 1200 calories, I was just really sad.

Eat out.

Eat burgers.

Maybe in that order.
    Usually you have to buy her dinner before she lets you...

You have to use logic. "If we eat first we are going tobe too full for that."

I mean, that was the logic I was going with.

Also, local burger place has a chili bean burger TO DIE FOR. Probably don't want to go burger first...

Usually hungry after anyway nomsayin

Though I do make a decent sammich...
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options

It made me a little sad at first. Then when I came in and saw 1200 calories, I was just really sad.

Eat out.

Eat burgers.

Maybe in that order.

Also, local burger place has a chili bean burger TO DIE FOR. Probably don't want to go burger first...
    Aw, you're so...
    considerate.jpg
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

Eat out.

Eat burgers.

Maybe in that order.

I usually make the sandwiches after. I like to think of it as giving her a bonus round.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    First impulse: Nothing some jaw stretches and a good mouthwash can't cure.

Serious answer: Give some thought to researching and setting up a more reasonable (increased) calorie goal. Try to enjoy your food (and subsequently your life) more!
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options

Eat out.

Eat burgers.

Maybe in that order.

I usually make the sandwiches after. I like to think of it as giving her a bonus round.

*throws panties*
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    They have several low cal selections. One is really good sirloin on a bed of spinach with miso sauce and a side of mozerella and tomato salad. Really good.

I had this dish at TGIFriday's a couple weeks ago and it was really good. It is low in carbs, which was good for me as a diabetic. I also agree with everyone that 1200 calories a day is a bit low for a man.

Eat out. Have fun. It's your birthday!!!
  • kaaaaylee
    kaaaaylee Posts: 398
    Options
    Sizzling chicken and spinach is under 500 cals and delicious. Petite steak with a side of steamed brocc is delish too. Love Fridays for staying on my diet and eating out.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    First impulse: Nothing some jaw stretches and a good mouthwash can't cure.

Serious answer: Give some thought to researching and setting up a more reasonable (increased) calorie goal. Try to enjoy your food (and subsequently your life) more!

This reply is entirely too correct. Don't you even MFP?
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

Eat out.

Eat burgers.

Maybe in that order.

*throws panties*

:love:
  • sola24
    sola24 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    enjoy the day.. 1 day is fine.. but 1200 cals?? seriously?? I am a 5 ft woman and I eat around 1600.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    How are you not ill or lightheaded with only 1200 cals a day? How are you able to sustain your body? It needs more. Maybe you did not include the calories you burned.

i had an ex that would get lightheaded every time i ate out.

I thought I was the only one!
  • Oberon70
    Oberon70 Posts: 8
    Options
    Thanks for all the people who where giving me positive advise on eating out. I will check to see what TGI Fridays offers on their menu hear, as it will be different since I live in Australia. - Also we have no AppleBees.

Further 2 my calorie intake - 1200 was an average number, but that has increase in the past week due to myfitness app that I am using on the phone. It has me set to 1330 Calories a day, which I am fine with and have never felt better.

I don't starve myself. I am having shake for break and lunch - fruit or crackers for snacks - then a lean cuisine meal, plus a can of vegtables at night.... My doctor is monitor my weight loss and also has brought up any issues as my health has improved heaps.

I went from constant skin problems to none. To very high blood pressure to perfect and a lot of issues on my blood test, which recently has come back with no issues.

so again thanks the postive comments and I hope everyone has a good weekend.
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Can you up your activity/exercise earlier in the day? If not, just have fun and work extra hard the days after. That should get you back on track.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    okay so I guess you've lost 61 lbs and have 17 more to go. I guess at this point maybe finish off your weight loss and then look up how to re up your cal goal later?

once you are at 100 kilos (220 lbs) do a TDEE calculator to see what your goal should be that you are going to work up to. Some people increase their cals gradually 100 cals at a time. Others do it in jumps with little to no problems.

I wish you luck at that time, I've seen people on my FL up their cals slowly for other reasons.

As for that burger, its one day and it's important to your boys. I presume they are one of the main reasons for your weight loss so don't miss the forest for the trees. ONE day of partaking with them for your birthday won't hurt your long term efforts overall. Unless you feel that burger is something to fear that might derail you in which case get them burgers and you a salad.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    1.) eat more than 1200 calories
    2.) burgers are actually a fairly macro complete meal
    3.) Every dinning establishment sells chicken salads
    4.) learn how to live your life and let go and make this work.
    5.) don't make promises to your kids if you are going to have an anxiety attack filling your promises.
  • halfpintpeggy
    halfpintpeggy Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the people who where giving me positive advise on eating out. I will check to see what TGI Fridays offers on their menu hear, as it will be different since I live in Australia. - Also we have no AppleBees.

Further 2 my calorie intake - 1200 was an average number, but that has increase in the past week due to myfitness app that I am using on the phone. It has me set to 1330 Calories a day, which I am fine with and have never felt better.

I don't starve myself. I am having shake for break and lunch - fruit or crackers for snacks - then a lean cuisine meal, plus a can of vegtables at night.... My doctor is monitor my weight loss and also has brought up any issues as my health has improved heaps.

I went from constant skin problems to none. To very high blood pressure to perfect and a lot of issues on my blood test, which recently has come back with no issues.

so again thanks the postive comments and I hope everyone has a good weekend.

Wow! You have made terrific health gains, glad your doctor is monitoring your progress! Good luck to you there "Down Under,"
  • cmazurek85
    cmazurek85 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    if you've been diligent about eating 1200 calories a day, you physically wont be able to eat your entire meal, even if you get it with all of the sides and trimmings. I've all but eliminated cheat days because I feel kind of sick and REALLY bloated (if we go out to dinner) and I eat significantly less when I go out.

So, I would order what you want, chew slowly, and listen to your body.

Happpppppy birthday!!!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options