I'm new here!!!

Options
Hi,

My name is Andria and I am venturing down the long road of weight loss again. This is about my third week in and I am trying to be motivated. I am watching my calories and exercising as well. I am trying to lose about 40 pounds. I will still be overweight if comparing to my BMI, but I really don't go by that anyway. I want to get to a weight that I feel like is fabulous for me. What's frustrating to me is getting on different scales and they say different weights. Which is the right one?!?!?! I don't have a scale at my home for this exact reason. I didn't want to become a slave to weighing in, but I would like to know my progress once a week. So.....I think I will have to break down and get one for my home.

Which at home scale do you think is the best?

2467359.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    wormy_waving.gif
    Welcome to MFP, it is a great tool to help you.
  • ktbear721
    ktbear721 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've had my basic digital Taylor scale for 4 years and it's never failed me. The key is to be consistent about when and where you weigh in. Even two identical models could be calibrated differently and give you a weight over or under. I always try to weigh in Friday mornings, before breakfast or coffee. In the course of a day your weight can fluctuate a few pounds either way. This has kept me in check for the past few years.
  • dorothyalmaraz
    dorothyalmaraz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use the same scale and weigh the same time every week. I weigh before breakfast and coffee. I also measure once every 3 weeks to monitor how many inches I have lost. Try not to get so hung up in the particulars with scales. Just use one scale consistently.
  • andriaho1
    andriaho1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the advice.