how much does p90x cost?

Options
How much does it cost at full retail? What does it include (its exercise and a meal plan right? can they be bought separately?) Did you buy yours "secondhand" (ebay, craigslist, amazon "used") and how much was it? Are there scammers who have pirated copies of it out there? THANKS!

Replies

• Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    the becahbody site offer payments while some sites will off it to you at full price or have a small discount for it.

I got my Insanity program from ebay - my bonus dvds don't work so I can't get them replace by beachbody.com (read that there was a bad batch out there. But it's no big deal for me cause I only paid 65.00 and the main dvd's work.

You do have to be careful though. I only bid if they have been on EBAY for a long time and have 100% rating and no bad reviews
  • bradshaw_jj
    Options
    I own the P90X. LOVE IT!!!! I think my husband and I paid between $100 and $150 for it. We bought it brand new. I will tell you that it is very hard. I work with a personal trainer and this thing still kicked my butt. The most important thing I have learned doing this, is to stay moving. DON"T try to do everything they are doing if you can't. Build yourself slowly, so that you can! Don't get frustrated either. I still can't do everything, but I sure do have fun trying. Either way....IT WORKS!!!!! It's a GREAT investment! Hope this helps!
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    If you are strapped to pay for it directly, you can get it off ebay, craigslists, friends...etc
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone! There is a girl in my office who was bigger than me who has done p90x twice and has lost over 100 pounds since April. I'm not saying I expect those results, but I am bored with my current workout and am in desperate need of an *kitten* kicking.

Do you have to have a chin up bar? Are there substitute moves for a pull up?
  • BeSexy
    BeSexy Posts: 94
    Options
    You do not have to have a chin up bar... In the videos they will also demonstrate how you can use a resistance band in it's place.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,723 Member
    Options
    How much does it cost at full retail? What does it include (its exercise and a meal plan right? can they be bought separately?) Did you buy yours "secondhand" (ebay, craigslist, amazon "used") and how much was it? Are there scammers who have pirated copies of it out there? THANKS!
    It retails for $119.85. If you buy it directly from Beachbody, shipping is about $20. If you buy it through a Beachbody coach, shipping is about $10, and you get two additional DVDs (from the P90X One on One series).

P90X consists of 12 workouts, the Nutrition Plan, and the Fitness Guide (and the two extra DVDs if you buy through a coach).
  • SonyaVelonis
    Options
    If you are interested in buying p90x from Beachbody it normally would cost you about $130 (that's including shipping and handling). If you are interested in buying it or any of their other products for 25% off, the company is having a special now so message me and I'll tell you more.
    I am on my second round of p90x and use their nutritional supplement, Shakeology, everyday. I have lost over 30lbs and am getting so toned I can't believe it!
    Also, be careful if you buy one off craigslist or ebay because A LOT of them are fake. I know a few people who have gotten ripped off.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    P90X is a great program, but I must warn you. It is only for people who are willing to put in the work for a full 90 days. That means following the exercise and nutritional guide. Unfortunately there are people who have not done this and then complain when they don't get the results that they wanted. P90X should come with a how to bring it DVD, nutritional guide, and exercise guide. I created a page that will tell you everything you need to have on hand to get started. www.squidoo.com/thechange

Also, becareful where you purchase P90X. Meaning only buy directly from a Team Beachbody Coach, or Beachbody directly. This way if anything goes wrong they will take care of it. Beachbody is not responsible for anything bought 2nd hand (craigslist, ebay). Just remember when buying P90X, you get what you pay for. $120.00 is not bad when you consider a gym membership will cost you roughly the same or more and that doesn't include a personal trainer.

As was said before Beachbody is currently running a special of offering it's Preferred Customer price (25% off), for no extra charge. It used to cost $39.95 to get this price. This deal last only until the end of the year.

P90X has changed my life and it will work for everyone who puts the work into it. So to answer your question yes it is worth it.

Hope this helps,
    Stu
  • PJilly
    Options
    As was said before Beachbody is currently running a special of offering it's Preferred Customer price (25% off), for no extra charge. It used to cost $39.95 to get this price. This deal last only until the end of the year.
    I think this is misleading. The special being offered is waiving the $39.99 enrollment fee for new coaches, who do get 25% off the retail price of Beachbody products. This is a nice deal for someone who is interested in becoming a coach, but to my knowledge, there is no such thing as a "preferred customer," and coaches pay a $14.95/month business service fee. There IS one other option to get discounts besides being a coach, and that's to be be a club member. You get a 10% discount as well as access to features free members don't get. The cost for that is $38.87/quarter.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    PJilly,

Actually it is a preferred customer discount. Just because they sign up to be a coach, doesn't mean they have to coach. People join as coaches all the time just to get the discount. Nothing wrong with that.

Ouch my toes!!!
  • PJilly
    Options
    PJilly,

Actually it is a preferred customer discount. Just because they sign up to be a coach, doesn't mean they have to coach. People join as coaches all the time just to get the discount. Nothing wrong with that.

Ouch my toes!!!
    Sorry if you felt I was stepping on your toes. It's not for me to say if it's right or wrong to sign up as a coach just to get the discount, but I do think people should understand that's what it is they'd be doing. Nothing wrong with full disclosure. I admit that my reaction was probably a knee-jerk one out of frustration. You may not have been around long enough to read the posts from members who question the credibility of Beachbody coaches and accuse us of joining MFP just to try to sell something, but they're there, and I think we need to be mindful of that when we talk about Beachbody here. MFP is such a wonderful tool, and so are Beachbody products. I don't want to have to be ashamed to say I'm a BB coach. So I am sincerely sorry if I made it personal, but I wanted to explain where I was coming from.
  • sarina87
    sarina87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    TRY THE LIBRARY PEOPLE, you would be surprised on what they have and you can just make copies for your personal use. FREE