overeaters vs undereaters ...

Options
Am i right in saying there seems to be a big trend here that people are finding it hard to eat all their calories and coming in under their recommended numbers ? I've never been small but after having my daughter 17 months ago the weight just kept coming - despite cutting back my food (and breastfeeding till 15 months) and the more weight I put on the less food you would try to consume. I went to the dr here a couple months ago and she did a series of tests which most came back fine on and she advised me to watch what I was eating and exercise daily for at least an hour (all of which I had been doing the last 8 months) I went back to check up and had lost a good amount of centimetres but my weight hadn't gone down. Without checking out my diet she's advised me that my calorie intake is clearly outweighing my output. That's when I found this site !!! Added up my calories for the day and I was lucky to be scraping the bottom of 700 calories !!
It seems to me that people are too quick to assume you're solely overeating if you're overweight these days and that actually there's a whole lot more to it than that. I'm off to see the dietician on Friday just to get a better idea of things so we shall see what she says.
I guess I'm just curious to see how many other people are in or have been in a similar situation - I know my mother's been the same. And for those of you who have been under your calorie allowance how much better are you feeling now for actually having fuel in your body ??

Replies