hunger

Options
i get up at 4:30 am, and eat at 5 am. by eight i am starving. any ideas on low calorie filling foods?

Replies

• ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    It's normal to be hungry three hours after eating. You should eat high protein snacks between meals.
  • countindowntothin
    countindowntothin Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Are you eating Lots of Protein when you eat at 5am? My dietician has told me repeatedly to eat lots of protein first thing in the morning to keep you fuller longer. Eggs are a Great source of protein.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I like to mix greek yogurt with kashi go lean and berries. It makes a huge bowl of food for 250-270 cals, (I think) I'm not sure what you consider low cal, but it has everything, lots of protein, carbs, vitamins. Plus, it feels like dessert it's so delicious. I think it's very filling!
  • DeborahR
    Options
    I mix 1/4 c whole oats, 1 sc. cookies and cream protein powder, cinn., splenda with 1/2 c. unsweetened almond milk or water and cook in the microwave for about 50 seconds. The fiber and protein will help get you through until lunch.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I eat every 2-3 hours, you should be hungry that long after you eat. Try adding in snacks more often. I tend to eat 6 times a day and am rarely overly hungry.
  • ejschantz85
    Options
    Filling foods, bran muffins, oatmeal, high fiber cereal.

Protein bars, Cliff Bars are good and organic

Drink a lot of water (That helps take the hunger edge off too)

You could also eat negative calorie foods that are filling, like an apple....or celery

If you take something a nibble at it slowly as well that will help to curb your hunger until your next meal. That way you don't eat your snack all at once and feel hungry again.

Hope this helps