I'm new and doing HCG

Options
I am new to this site, and so far I am loving it. I have already completed one round on HCG and lost 35 lbs. Took about 3 mos off and gained a few pounds back, but nothing like I thought I would have. It does work and it has helped with my metabolism. I just started my second round of HCG and I am hoping this will be my last round. The hardest part is not cheating. This website has helped me. I have been very honest with everything I have eaten and I can see what I am doing right and wrong. I'm hoping to meet other HCG'ers so we can motivate each other.

Replies

• Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    wormy_waving.gif
    Welcome to MFP, it is a great tool to help you.
  • cnflet2
    cnflet2 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    just curious whats HCG?
  • fanofucf
    fanofucf Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am on my 3rd day, and I am curious of some of the things you ate?
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    just curious whats HCG?

I don't know either, and it's advertised everywhere
  • deshaine
    deshaine Posts: 195
    Options
    just curious whats HCG?

I don't know either, and it's advertised everywhere

I was on it...

hCG is the pregnancy hormone, it is supposed to help regulate where your body pulls fat. Since you're on a strict 500 calorie diet, the hCG will tell your body to pull fat from your body and not your food. Also, it's "supposed" to help with hunger pangs. In addition to this 500 cal diet of organic veggies, fruits and meat, you have to drink 1 gallon of water daily.

Several women in my office (who are RN's incidentally), has lost an incredible amount of weight.

Some people say the injections of the hCG are more effective that the drops.

I did not have a good experience, I developed heart arrhythmia, and decided it wasn’t for me. But during my week of the diet, I did lose about 10 pounds.

People talk about the apple day… When you’re on this diet, your body does plateau. And you use this apple day to shock your system.

Before you start the “fasting” you have 2 days of binge eating, where you eat what ever you want. They say it helps get your body primed for the weight loss because you’re on the hCG during this time, and when you start “fasting” the hormone tricks your brain to pull energy from the stored fat and not the food.

Each "cycle" of the diet is only 28 days. After those 28 days you have to eat a healthy diet to "stablize" your system for several weeks. Then you can do the diet over again, if you want to lose more weight.

I probably didn’t explain this very well… But those are the high points.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Anyone thinking about HCG or are looking for info or support, please come to the MFP HCG support thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/125920-hcg-progress-updates-page-2-for-people-on-it-or-thinking-a?page=12#posts-1755436

HCG is a seriously hot topic on MFP and it seems like every thread outside the support thread gets reduced to arguing and gets locked by the site admin.