Where do you camp?

Options
NS81
NS81 Posts: 192 Member
So, I love camping... Tent camping, not RV... Do you have a favorite campground? I'm in NY, but would love to hear about campgrounds all over, for future vacations etc!

Replies

• spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Most of the NY state parks and some of the privately owned ones as well.
  • NS81
    Options
    Most of the NY state parks and some of the privately owned ones as well.

We do have some amazing parks here :smile: Any specifics that stood out to you?
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Letchworth, Watkins Glen, Keewaydin.
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I have camped at Allegheny a bunch of times. Also in the Adirondacks. I would have to say my favorite that I have done was Algonquin in Canada. I used to go every summer and do a canoe trip where we moved camped every day
  • PennyM140
    PennyM140 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Central Florida. The mosquitoes are evil but there are so many great places to camp here. All near water of course so there is fishing, swimming, boating.
    We recently bought a pontoon boat so my plan for the summer is to load it up with camping gear and take off as often as we can.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Hilton or Marriott
  • NS81
    Options
    Hilton or Marriott

Ha! I know a few that would join you on that lol
  • KBjimAZ
    KBjimAZ Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Oak Creek Canyon, Mingus Mountain, Chevelon Canyon, and, of course, the North Rim campground at the Grand Canyon. All right here in Arizona.
  • NS81
    Options
    Letchworth, Watkins Glen, Keewaydin.

I've never camped Keewaydin... I'll have to look that one up, I have at the other 2 - Letchworth is beautiful :smile:
  • NS81
    Options
    I have camped at Allegheny a bunch of times. Also in the Adirondacks. I would have to say my favorite that I have done was Algonquin in Canada. I used to go every summer and do a canoe trip where we moved camped every day

We always have quite a few ADK trips each summer - Love Nick's Lake :smile:
  • Lanet27
    Lanet27 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Ohh I love camping! We live in Northern VA, and I often camp @ Prince William National Park because it's very close to where we live. I'll like to go camping @ other locations, so I'll be on the lookout for locations on this topic.

Edit to add: Some friends have suggested: Pohick Bay Regional Park, VA and Assateague Island, MD. I haven't been to these locations, but plan to do so this summer!!
    :)
  • NS81
    Options
    Central Florida. The mosquitoes are evil but there are so many great places to camp here. All near water of course so there is fishing, swimming, boating.
    We recently bought a pontoon boat so my plan for the summer is to load it up with camping gear and take off as often as we can.

Mosquitos are evil everywhere lately! lol I've only camped once in Florida, and it was near Tampa... soooo humid, but lots of fun!
  • NS81
    Options
    Ohh I love camping! We live in Northern VA, and I often camp @ Prince William National Park because it's very close to where we live. I'll like to go camping @ other locations, so I'll be on the lookout for locations on this topic.

Some friends have suggested: Pohick Bay Regional Park and Assateague Island, MD. I haven't been to these locations, but plan to do so this summer!!
    :)

I've never been to Assateague, but we have reserved a spot in August for there! I've heard it's amazing! Can't wait! Thanks for the input :happy:
  • NS81
    Options
    Oak Creek Canyon, Mingus Mountain, Chevelon Canyon, and, of course, the North Rim campground at the Grand Canyon. All right here in Arizona.

Arizona is on my list, I've never been, but think it's gorgeous there!
  • kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Pinery in Southern Ontario. Most of our provincial parks are pretty amazing, but Pinery has everything. Carolinian Forest mixed in with Oak Savannah, so yeah, trees. The most amazing beach and incredible sunset. Close to a cute little town (Grand Bend) if you want to shop or eat out.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinery_Provincial_Park
  • NS81
    Options
    Pinery in Southern Ontario. Most of our provincial parks are pretty amazing, but Pinery has everything. Carolinian Forest mixed in with Oak Savannah, so yeah, trees. The most amazing beach and incredible sunset. Close to a cute little town (Grand Bend) if you want to shop or eat out.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinery_Provincial_Park

It sounds wonderful! Thank you :smile:
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    Hilton or Marriott

+1

Even when hunting at our remote farm (90 minutes from home), I stay at a bed and breakfast. But I work outside for a living and fish/hunt/cycle/golf often so camping just doesn't push my buttons.
  • surfinbird_1981
    surfinbird_1981 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    The Lake District, UK
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    At home in my bed
  • SuperC_85
    SuperC_85 Posts: 393
    Options
    South Africa has the most incredible camping spaces pretty much all over the country, if you are ever keen to make a long trip lol