Using mobile app to keep track

Options
I am so glad I found MFP. It amazes me that I have yet to search for a food that is not in the database. That, along with all the other features and tools, completely dismisses every excuse I use for not losing weight.
The hardest part for me is keeping track of what I eat. With the mobile app, I can't use the excuse of "forgetting" or "it's not convenient".
What I have learned, is that I have more of an honesty problem. :devil: When I start entering what I just ate and watch the calories and fat totals go up, I am so tempted to skip entering that extra piece of chicken.
I don't doubt that once I can truthfully enter EVERYTHING I eat, I will be well on my way to a healthier way of eating.
Thanks for supporting me! :smile:
Good luck!!!

Replies

• themyriadthings
    themyriadthings Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about the honesty thing, but I figure it's myself I'm lying to anyway (which never works), and myself who suffers the consequences, so why bother?

The mobile app is great for making good choices away from home, that's for sure :) Be well!
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    wormy_waving.gif
    Welcome to MFP, it is a great tool to help you.
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    That mobile app is wonderful! I use it religiously.
  • sutehi
    sutehi Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    One thing I try to do is enter in my meals *before* I eat them. That way, if there are any surprises, I can adjust what I actually eat. Or if I do go over, it becomes a conscious decision, and not an accident.
  • Hova1914
    Hova1914 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    mfp mobile app = a Godsend! :love:
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I love the mobile app and I love how everything I've entered is in the system. MFP rocks!
  • BlutAura
    Options
    I got the app as a stopgap measure before payday when I thought I would buy a "real" weight loss app. I was so surprised that an app as useful and functional as this is free and this is how I found my way onto this site today.

I know exactly what you mean about the honesty thing and this app keeps me in check !
  • Bryan190
    Options
    The app (Android for me) is great, in some ways even better than the website since the app saves search terms and makes finding previously searched-for foods easier. MFP's logging features, and other tools like my digital food scale have made it possible to learn to not deceive myself about what I eat each day.