Chronic Back Pain and an anti-inflammatory diet

Options
Grimmerick
Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
Anyone stick to eating anti-inflammatory foods to manage chronic back pain. My hubs is really getting kicked while he's down with back pain in part due to inflammation. So I am wondering if I can get him to clean up his diet if this might work for him. He is very willing to try anything at this point. So with that said, anybody here manage pain from inflammation with an anti-inflammatory eating style and if so how long before you started noticing the pain decreasing? Also what are your go to food choices and replacements for things you can't have like pasta and bread? Thanks for any info!!

Replies

• Grimmerick
    Options
    Low back pain causes more disability than nearly 300 other conditions worldwide, according to new research, and nearly one in 10 people across the globe suffers from an aching lower back.

A second study, which looked at the condition in specific types of jobs, found that low back pain is responsible for about a third of work-related disability.

Come on peeps I know you're out there somebody's gotta know something :)
  • smn76237
    smn76237 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Being overweight and sedentary are two huge contributors to low back pain, or at least an individual's perception of how bad their low back pain is. You don't need a specific anti-inflammatory diet; if he's overweight, he should lose weight by eating at a deficit. If he's sedentary, he should start exercising--particularly core exercises--to help his pain.
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Low back pain causes more disability than nearly 300 other conditions worldwide, according to new research, and nearly one in 10 people across the globe suffers from an aching lower back.

A second study, which looked at the condition in specific types of jobs, found that low back pain is responsible for about a third of work-related disability.

Come on peeps I know you're out there somebody's gotta know something :)
    check out the alternate day fastnig. Research points to helping with inflammation.

As for back pain...FOR ME, i started to get much better when I started strengthening my hamstrings.
  • Grimmerick
    Options
    Thank you guys for the info, He actually isn't overweight at all, over the past couple months he has lost about 20lbs, at 6'0 he is about 178lbs. But he definitely needs to do core work and I will also remember about the hamstrings(it's his favorite stretch) But part of his problem is he hurts if he doesn't work out, he hurts if he does work out(and trust me he doesn't over do it on the working out part lol) and sometimes it makes the pain worse. I try to tell him that sometimes it will be worse before it could get better, but he gets unmotivated by not having a guarantee that the stuff he does will work. It's just one of life's pain in the *kitten* situations. But he can't do this anymore, he needs to do something. So I am definitely considering all options