Exercise Help

Options
So back for the nth time. After 2 (almost 3) years of going back and forth with MFP I'm down about 20 pounds, but I really want to be down much more. I've always been the guy to throw my friends kids in the air and swing them around and feel tired afterwards, but no big deal they go home and I'm fine enough eventually. Well in this past February my wife and I welcomed our twins into the world and now...they don't go home afterwards. The twins are only 11 weeks yesterday and a total handful (in a good way). I want to be able to go rounds with them, not the other way around as they get older. I can already feel my arms get tired after a bit and they are only 10 pounds.

I've started doing some dieting and it's helping some, but I really want to get moving. So what I'm looking for is recommendations for ways to exercise with the VERY limited time I have.

My schedule (at a minimum) is: Wake at 6, help feed and out the door for work, work until about 4 or 5 (sometimes later due to my position), come home, take at least one baby while my wife cooks, eat, finish eating just before their unhappy times (about 7-9 each night), feed them at 9, put them to bed by 10 and go to sleep to start again tomorrow.

Also of note, most of the living is taken up by swings and other baby gear, so my space is limited. And getting to the gym at least right now isn't really an option. In the past I've always done things like Insanity, so I just am lost at what to do for short compact workouts, with the limited time I have.

Thanks for the help!

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    It only needs to take about 20 minutes to do a full-body strength workout, and you can break that up into smaller chunks in the evening. Bodyweight exercises can work, but i'd also invest in a set of adjustable dumbbells and resistance bands. See the workout in my profile. Then add 10 minutes of high-intensity cardio like sprint intervals, jump rope, etc. to your lunch hour and you're set. Do longer workouts on the weekend.
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Ditto squeeze in what you can don't worry about what you can't.