sharing

Options
poke987
poke987 Posts: 348 Member
I swear, MFP needs a notation or adjustment for food shared (stolen) by my kids! I weigh, and log, and sit down to eat and suddenly whatever I have becomes the most delectable item in the house! If I measured out 28 grams of pretzels, then the 2 yr old demands 3 of them, I want a "shared with baby" button! Honestly, I'm thinking it impossible to ever eat in peace!

Replies

• DebSM2
    DebSM2 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I second that!! So far, I just figure consuming a few calories less than logged is fine if it is just a small amount that they pilfer...(unless it is really really yummy), or that it evens out when i lick a smear of peanut butter off my thumb from making their sandwiches (and I mean a truly small smear, nit a measurable blob.)

My children have yet to request any of my carrot sticks, green pepper strips, bean dip or hummus...I still hope that weighing these things will make them more desirable to my kids!
  • Braincatcher
    Braincatcher Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I've based my whole diet on this. In fact, I'm going to rent my kid out just for this purpose. I'm seriously going to get rich.

INTRODUCING: THE TEENAGE BOY DIET!!
    How it Works: Take my teen to the restaurant with you and order whatever you want. He's programmed to say he's "not hungry." When your food arrives, the teen will eat all the delectable bits, leaving you only the icky vegetables. For example, if you order a cranberry chicken salad, the teen will relieve you of all the fattening fried chicken, dried cranberries, and candied pecans, allowing you to lose tons of weight on lettuce alone.
    NOTE: The teen's most common malfunction is to eat the vegetables as well, leaving you with nothing.
  • DebSM2
    DebSM2 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I've based my whole diet on this. In fact, I'm going to rent my kid out just for this purpose. I'm seriously going to get rich.

INTRODUCING: THE TEENAGE BOY DIET!!
    How it Works: Take my teen to the restaurant with you and order whatever you want. He's programmed to say he's "not hungry." When your food arrives, the teen will eat all the delectable bits, leaving you only the icky vegetables. For example, if you order a cranberry chicken salad, the teen will relieve you of all the fattening fried chicken, dried cranberries, and candied pecans, allowing you to lose tons of weight on lettuce alone.
    NOTE: The teen's most common malfunction is to eat the vegetables as well, leaving you with nothing.

Ooh!! Sign me up! :)

Can we do an even trade of dinner with your teenager for dinner with my 5 yr., 4 yr., and 6 month olds? Between cutting food, erasing all trace of pickle juice left on a plate (try squeezing that out of a bun), taking kids to the bathroom (though you did 30 minutes earlier before boarding the car), wiping up spills, preparing a bottle or cereal and administering to the infant, diaper changes, reminders to sit nicely, to demonstrate good table manners, and to use inside voices, etc., one would think I wouldn't be able to find time to eat my own dinner... I manage to fit it in so I need something to shake up my eating out routine...which isn't really routine at all because of aforementioned issues.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I want an entry for tuna that says "entire container minus the kitty's portion". It's not fair I have to lose those extra calories that went to him.

The other night I weighed my cheese and put it on the table next to my plate and put the rest of the shredded cheese on the table for everyone else to use. But walk away to finish something up for the dinner and someone used some of my cheese!!! :grumble: It was all measured!! I really wanted my full portion though so I weighed it out again. Keep away from my cheese people! :sad:
  • poke987
    poke987 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    My preteen boy, he's pretty ok. My teenage girls they are too. My 4 yr old, nah. My 20 monther?! I swear, if I have it, he wants it. I honestly think a 5% calorie reduction on my lunch, most snacks and dinner for sure! I can usually eek out breakfast undisturbed. But after that he's on me and I have to share everything!