2 weeks or so in and frustrated.

Options
Hey guys,

I've been on for a little over 2 weeks. While I haven't done much blogging or getting into the msg boards, i'm thinking maybe its about time. I've been attempting to rely on the people in my "off-net" world to help out with eating healthy and staying on track with my workouts but it hasn't happened too much. So, the thought crossed my mind that maybe if i find a few online friends, they can help motivate me and also answer any questions I may have.
I had lost about 54 lbs over the last 2 years or so, the majority over about 8 months in 2009. I've gained some of it back and while i'm not necessarily back to my original start weight, i'm afraid that i'll end up that way. I lost alot of my previous weight through biggest loser cookbooks and workouts and I had a gym buddy at the time. I'm pretty good at managing some of my caloric intake, but when i have cravings I def have them!
Trying to balance working in the evenings with graduate school and practicum during the days AND working out and eating healthy is getting to me. I had seen a 2lb loss at first, but have gained some of that back already! sounds dumb complaining about it, but just can't shake it. Any suggestions on how to help curb those, how to get motivated to keep my butt in the gym past a 30 min workout of the elliptical or how to improve my workouts, or just a boost to get my butt in gear would be so greatly appreciated!

Replies

• ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Google Tabata Training and maybe think about trying it. Great for people who dont have alot of time to workout But also great for building endurance and fat loss
  • missyhse
    missyhse Posts: 189
    Options
    Greetings :) It is definitely tough to juggle a busy schedule and keep yourself motivated. My humble advice on 1. the cravings-never deprive yourself, spread out your snacks and try different food combos, one thing that worked for me is pre making my own "frozen dinners" and eating more protein rich foods...2. on the gym-longer workouts don't always mean better or more effective! High intensity short workouts can build muscle and burn fat too, I'll try to post some articles later, I know there are some good ones in women's health and runner's world designed for people that are uber busy.
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I find myself relating to you on so many levels.

I lost 55 lbs on WW's after my daugther was born (that was 4 years ago) after a doctor visit last week my doctor said you were doing so well 2 years you kept it off and maintained and here I am 4 years after my daughters birth and back to the same weight I was after I had her. I'm disappointed in myself but know I can do this. I know I can lose the weight and keep up with my workout routine.

Together we can! Let's be sure and check in daily to help motivate and inspire one another on our ultimate goal. :)
  • mkcole
    mkcole Posts: 46
    Options
    When I lost all my weight before, prior to having to start again, my weight loss buddies were a huge part of me getting there. They motivated me to continue even when I wanted to just give up. I have support at home but having support from ppl who are going through the same thing is essential IMO.