Starting the Apple Diet Today with my Wife

Options

Replies

• _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Yikes.. I hope you like the inside of your bathroom!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    You do realized once you start eating again the weight will come back on!!!

The things people will do to lose weight!! :grumble:
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    have fun starving.
  • Asher09
    Asher09 Posts: 25
    Options
    Christinwife.

As I tried to state above (sorry might not have been clear, with my ramblings :) ) we are not doing this to lose weight, more of a way to get on track, measure everything and have a set schedule that will propel us forward.

I don't doubt if we lose a few lbs that we will probably put it back on, but I am wondering what science backs up that we will def put it back on. If we continue to eat at a calorie def like we have been with balanced macro's starting day 4 moving forward, is there a reason you think what we are eating during these three days will help us lose weight only to come back?
  • Maddalen101
    Maddalen101 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    you won't have enough energy! Eat more protein. Have a hamburger. And track your food. You'll lose weight. The current diet sounds horrible, and a recipe for tricking the body into thinking it's starving, which will cause weight GAIN.
  • shancheer24
    shancheer24 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Good Luck. I personally do not see the point of any diet that only last 3 days. If it works, great, it not, your only down 3 days.
  • hayleyhewett93
    Options
    This cannot be healthy, it sounds very depressing :'(
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Rgv2 - yea those are net. We definitely eat back a good portion if not all of our exercise calories burned. Thanks for asking that question.

As far as those asking why i wrote this if not for approval, because i wanted to share what we were trying for three days with a short blog letting people know how it was going. The Jury is still out and I will make conclusions at the end. I am by no means saying is is a good way to eat for three days or saying anyone else should do it. It was brought up on the board before and a few people showed some interest in it. I figured we would give it a try and report back what we thought about it in terms of how we are feeling, total calories if all is measured out, pitfalls and successes. Remember this Forum is not just for people seeking approval from others but also sharing information and learning from others.

BTW - thanks so much for the English lesson on Biochemistry Richard. I will remember all those wonderful tidbits and how people on certain sites can jump on anything just to make themselves feel better

So you're saying it's a good way to eat, but you're going to do it anyway? Sounds legit.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    At least you'll be hangry together...cause a relationship that starves together. .stays together.

Wait, I don't think that's how that saying goes
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    Options
    Christinwife.

As I tried to state above (sorry might not have been clear, with my ramblings :) ) we are not doing this to lose weight, more of a way to get on track, measure everything and have a set schedule that will propel us forward.

I don't doubt if we lose a few lbs that we will probably put it back on, but I am wondering what science backs up that we will def put it back on. If we continue to eat at a calorie def like we have been with balanced macro's starting day 4 moving forward, is there a reason you think what we are eating during these three days will help us lose weight only to come back?

You'll be sh****ing applesauce that's why
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Not a fan of meal plan diets. Birthdays happen, donuts at the office, a beer with a buddy after work, etc etc etc. If you simply just watch what you eat and record the calories going in and the calories going out then you will lose.

Nothing against apples, eat them all the time if you're that. Eating them before every meal.... I think I'd start to hate them.
  • Asher09
    Asher09 Posts: 25
    Options
    Sonic,

actual you bring up a good point. Why do this at all.

Well normally i eat crap and don't do enough fruits and veggies. I wanted to get more into these then processed foods. I am hoping this will help a little bit. While its not a burger or pasta and other things i love

it really isn't all bad.

Fruits , Veggies, lean protein, snacks, Peanut butter, (I was intrigued because a lot of the stuff is things I often say i should be eating when i can't put down the Oreos. Hahahaha.

I bought more veggies last night at the store than I think I ever have. Was nice to spend a lot of time on the outside aisles of the store.
  • Serah87
    Options
    Christinwife.

What you have planned to eat the 3 days looks to be less then 1,000 calories a day, how is that healthy? How will you meet your macros, protein, etc.?
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    There are better, more balanced eating plans out there. I suggest that you do some research.
  • Serah87
    Options
    At least you'll be hangry together...cause a relationship that starves together. .stays together.

Wait, I don't think that's how that saying goes

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options

um.. only if they go back to over eating. I'm not a fan of this diet, but eating a VLCD does not automatically mean that all the weight will come back on if you start to eat properly afterwards. If they go and over eat after the 3 days then yes the weight will come back. but if they proceed to then eat the right amount of calories the weight will stay off. This is not the way to go about losing weight, but your assumption is wrong.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    This diet makes me sad.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    Options
    Sonic,

actual you bring up a good point. Why do this at all.

Well normally i eat crap and don't do enough fruits and veggies. I wanted to get more into these then processed foods. I am hoping this will help a little bit. While its not a burger or pasta and other things i love

it really isn't all bad.

Fruits , Veggies, lean protein, snacks, Peanut butter, (I was intrigued because a lot of the stuff is things I often say i should be eating when i can't put down the Oreos. Hahahaha.

I bought more veggies last night at the store than I think I ever have. Was nice to spend a lot of time on the outside aisles of the store.

Then just eat an apple a day. No need to do an "apple diet" or whatever nonsense fad diet/cleanse this is. Do something you can sustain for more than 3 days.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

um.. only if they go back to over eating. I'm not a fan of this diet, but eating a VLCD does not automatically mean that all the weight will come back on if you start to eat properly afterwards. If they go and over eat after the 3 days then yes the weight will come back. but if they proceed to then eat the right amount of calories the weight will stay off. This is not the way to go about losing weight, but your assumption is wrong.

There will be an upswing because of glycogen replenishment. But, yeah, once that muscle is gone, it's really hard to put back.
  • TheBrolympus
    TheBrolympus Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Apples are awesome, everyone should only eat apples!