Top baby names 2013....would you change yours?

Options
Noah & Sophia are tops in the nations baby names according to the Social Security admin. Top Ten boys: 1.Noah 2.Liam 3.Jacob 4.Mason 5.William 6.Ethan 7.Michael 8.Alexander 9.Jayden 10.Daniel Top Ten girls: 1.Sophia 2.Emma 3.Olivia 4.Isabella 5.Ava 6.Mia 7.Emily 8.Abigail 9.Madison 10.Elizabeth Would you name your baby one of these or if SS gave you one shot like mfp does to change your name....would you and what would it be?

Replies

• PennyM140
    PennyM140 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I'd never rename my baby. A few years ago I decided that if I ever have a baby girl I would name her Emma. It disappoints me to see Emma on the top 10 list. I may reconsider that choice now if I ever get pregnant.
  • _Lovely77_
    _Lovely77_ Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't ever change my daughter's name. It's pretty different, only ever met 2 others with her name and that was only after she was born. I named my daughter Gianna Rose. (Gee-on-uh) I have a boys named picked out if I ever have a boy and it is on the top 10 here but I like it more than any other boy name, Liam Ryder. We want one Italian name and one Irish name as my husband is Italian/Irish and I am Irish.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't change my name because I think it suits me.

I actually like all of those names though with the exception of Jayden.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    My oldest son has the new #1 name for boys. It wasn't even in the top 30 when I chose it ten years ago. Who knew we were such trendsetters?

My middle son has the #10 name for boys. It was also my grandfather's name.

My youngest son's name is probably the top 50, but is not as popular as it was a decade or two ago. I know more teenaged boys with his name than preschoolers.

My own name hasn't been in the top 1000 names since before I was born. It's a less common spelling of a name that probably peaked in popularity in the 1940s. My husband's name was super popular in the 1960s (#2 the year he was born).
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    As a kid I hated my name (Brodrick) I wanted it to be more common. I don't like my daughters name (Zaryah) don't know what I would change it to, but I had no input on naming her or even knowing she existed so oh well.
  • lookin4gains
    lookin4gains Posts: 1,762 Member
    Options
    We chose a name for my daughter that was unique and rare. I don't mean changing the spelling and calling it unique. Something that sets apart. She is almost 4 and still people say wow that's beautiful. I've met very few people with her name and I think its very memorable.
  • frannieshack
    frannieshack Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I think names passed down from family are the best. My name "Frances" has been in my family for generations and I am proud to carry it!