Low Sodium intake a problem?

Options
I'm noticing as I begin use of MFP that my sodium levels are much lower than what I should be in-taking according to my 'goals' set my MFP. Could this be a determining factor in weight loss flat lining??

Replies

• norcalskater
    norcalskater Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Not really. Sodium has a lot to do with water retention but it would only be a problem if you go way over not under. You won't be gaining fat but you will hold onto more water when your sodium levels are high. How low are you going? Too low is a bad thing. Sodium is responsible for several different functions of the body. Just find balance. Not too little and not too much.
  • SimoneNinan
    SimoneNinan Posts: 23
    Options
    I'm averaging approx 30% under per day... not intentionally, I just seem to not intake it as naturally as others. Trying to find what is either lagging my metabolism or what could help jump my metabolism. Crossing low sodium off my list.
  • mww12
    mww12 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Mine is always really low too, around the same 30% mark. I'm not a doctor/nutritionist, so take this as you will, but I have noticed that foods I crave will be higher in sodium, so I have a theory that when my sodium is too low for too long, it makes me crave foods that aren't the best choices, therefore leading to weight loss plateaus.

Maybe?