Newbie looking for WL Friends!

Options
Hello I'm a Minnesota Mom of Three and have lost weight and gained weight so many times. Life gets busy I stop working out, eating right, etc. My sister and brother are getting married (and no not to eachother..LOL) next year and I'm in both weddings. Once of which will include a 7 day stay in Mexico. I'm beyond excited but desperately need to lose weight.

I work full-time as an account manager for a trucking company and I sell bedroom accessories on the weekends, plus I shuffle three kids activities, maintain the house, and love spending time with my wonderful husband.

I'm hoping to make some weight loss buddies here and help encourage eachother along the way.

Tina

Replies

• Szycuez
    Szycuez Posts: 28
    Options
    Welcome....{freind request sent}

Good luck, we are here for you.
  • mkcole
    mkcole Posts: 46
    Options
    Same here, looking for weight loss buddies as well. I added you.
  • tjkiser
    tjkiser Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, Minnesota Mom!

I'm sort of new to myfitnesspal too. I've been at it for about 2 weeks and right when i think i'm doing good, I gain weight back! I've gained and lost a few times... and all the time signficant amoutns of weight.
    I'm probably the opposite lifestyle of you, but have the same problem with basically getting too busy with life.
    I live in South Carolina, wait tables at Margaritaville in the evenings, am a full time Graduate Student working on my practicum during the day, trying to balance what's left of a social life that i have with taking care of our dogs (which are like our kids) and eating healthy and working out! its exhausting and hard to keep motivated.

It seems that while the people in our daily lives mean with and TRY to help with encouragement, unless they are on this bandwagon for a healthy lifestyle then they just don't get it. Throw in all the skinny beach *****es from down here and i want to scream! lol....

even though we are miles apart in life and in distance, I wish you well on your journey and if you want some encouragement on as well as i do.. friend me ! reply! msg! :)

Good Luck!
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I started last week after my doctors appointment.

According to my doctors scale and my home scale I lost 6.8 lbs this week. I have been drinking water like a fish.

I'm hoping to lose 2 lbs or less per week to do this safely. :)

I was on WW's after my youngest was born and lost 55lbs I know can do this. I love MFP's tools and how I can sync it with my phone so everytime something goes into my mouth I note it. :)

Let's go!
  • MunchkinHawk12
    MunchkinHawk12 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Good luck and I'll add you!
  • BlutAura
    Options
    Welcome ! :)

I just joined and I have a wedding to lose weight for too..... my wedding lol.
  • BERNIESELLIE
    Options
    Sounds familiar...work work work....care care care....forget yourself...I am in the same boat. My sister-in-law is getting married in July of next year. I don't want to be the fat sister-in-law!!!! My girls are the flower girls and I want them and me to look good.
  • lrichardson2360
    lrichardson2360 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I sent you a friend request. Good luck! We're all here for you :-)