Finally made up my mind

Options
CoolDad67
CoolDad67 Posts: 324 Member
Hi everyone. My name is Paul and I've finally made up my mind to drop the weight.

I want to be here for many more years to harass my dear wife and my kids. I also want to be able to teach my future grand-kids some serious mischief.

I am in relatively good health except for my serious weight issues.

I need to loose 100+ lbs; so, I need all of the encouragement and support I can get. With accountability and support of some friends I know that I can do it!

Replies

• martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Good luck my friend you are making the right decision and have come to the right place. Lots of good resources here and plenty of good people in the community who know alot.

To start you off, make sure your weight loss goal is obtainable. I'd start off with a 1 pound per week goal and go no higher than 2 lbs per week. At two lbs per week that is 100lbs in a year and doesn't require you to do anything crazy.

Record every calorie you consume and be honest and avoid estimations if you can. Try starting out with light exercise and consider a heart rate monitor to measure your intensity.
  • ontherightpath14
    ontherightpath14 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I totally get it! I have about 100 lbs to lose as well. Add me if you want. Good luck on your journey!
  • tyesha215
    tyesha215 Posts: 1
    Options
    U can do it im with you the whole way..letssssssss gooooooooo :-) :-) :-) :-)
  • terinacullen
    Options
    Good luck!. I have decided to make a change as well. Add me as a friend, we can support one another.
  • josue1914
    josue1914 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!! it can be done.
  • ittybittykittyy
    ittybittykittyy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am always looking for friends and I love cheering people on!