Ugh...amish baked goods binge.

Options
So I visited our local Amish town, and stopped into their bakery for my favorite treats, butter horn rolls (like crescents...but breadier) and Dutch apple pie.

I just polished off a bag of 9 butter horn rolls to myself. That was 1500 calories of transfatty deliciousness. Good God,each one tasted better than the last, and I'm sick as a dog from eating all that. I feel gross that I ate all that, but really satisfied too.

My family is coming over tonight to share the apple pie, and I have chicken in the crockpot for tacos. But, I'm already over 1000 calories over goal.... How awkward.

So now what do I do? I haven't eaten over calories in a very long time (my diary is open), and I really don't know how to proceed.

Serve decaf black coffee to drink, and stay away from the pie? Then eat at more of a deficit for a while?

I'm 5 lbs from goal,Btw, and it thought I had this over-eating thing beaten!!!

Replies

• melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Any other over eaters care to share?
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    meh, its one day. even if you go 3500 cals over your only going to gain a pound. just continue being diligent afterwards

although it will help of course if you refrain from eating the rest of the day but it sure as hell wont be pleasurable
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Log it, enjoy dinner and pie with the family. Start again in the morning.
  • melimomTARDIS
    Options
    Thanks guys, I guess I forgot it takes 3500 to gain a pound. So I won't lose weight this week, but it won't pile on either. I feel better. :) less like a gross butter horn monster.
  • d3m1urge
    d3m1urge Posts: 38
    Options
    Enjoy your tacos and pie. You're not going to put on like 10lb, a pound at the most and that will come back off.

Don't dwell on it! Only leads to more negativity.
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    This happens to me a couple times per month. As long as you go back to eating at a deficit, it's not really a big deal. It becomes an issue when this starts to happen every couple of days or every week. One day of going waaaay over won't undo your progress or sabotage your goals, it will just delay your end goal. Just have smaller portions of the dinner and apple pie and enjoy. Losing weight is supposed to be about finding something sustainable. . and I don't know about you, but there is NO way I could go the rest of my life without eating a whole sleeve of oreo cookies or enjoying 4 different desserts on Thanksgiving OR stuffing my face with too much leftover Halloween candy. I enjoy those things... I just do them infrequently now instead of three times a week. If you're really worried about it, eat 50 fewer calories each day for the next couple of weeks.
  • fatninja111
    fatninja111 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Completely Understand! Glad to know I'm not the only one. Today I not only ate KFC, but then proceeded to down 2 iced glazed donuts on the drive to work. Ugh. I was doing so well for a stretch but I've completely bungled up the last week. I can't make it up anyway by eating less (because it's way too much to try to subtract from my leftover total) so I'll just do better tomorrow.
  • melimomTARDIS
    Options
    New meadow, I live rurally, so we have Amish here in my teeny town, but this particular bakery is deep in Amish country. Off a dirt road, surrounded by green rolling hills and Amish owned homes and farms. It's a great drive on a free afternoon.

The drive is breathtaking, and the bakery itself is a converted barn, and there is no electric lights, just daylight pouring in from windows and skylights.

All the baked goods are so fresh they are warm in their bags, and everything looks amazing.

It's a bad place to be a calorie counter. that is for sure. It's like bakery heaven though.