Anybody in their 20s ?

Options
Hi,

I have just joined my fitness pal, I am 20 and looking to finally drop some pounds. I never succeed with diets....cake always gets the better of me :'(

I want to lose around11 lbs by August :) But I want to do it slowly and in a healthy way. A toned body is far more attractive than a skinny one!

If anybody else is in the same boat please give me an add.

Hayley x

Replies

• jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    28 here... Feel free to add me! I'd be more than happy to support you and encourage you. :)
  • hannamarie88
    hannamarie88 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    25 (almost 26, but I refuse to believe that) - Add me if you would like :) I'm very active and supportive.
  • aelphabawest
    aelphabawest Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    28 here!
    I first lost weight when I was about your age - went from 220 down to 160 and pretty much stayed there until now (trying to whittle off a few more pounds for the marathon I'm training for).

Good luck!
  • ravenwcatz
    ravenwcatz Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm 27, also just trying to drop about 20 pounds, get back to where I was about 5 years ago. ^_^ Feel free to add me.
  • kdroberts19
    Options
    I'm 22, an i know how you feel i was at a good start for a little bit and lost 20lbs but lately i have been slacking off but I'm getting back on it!!! Feel free to add me :)
  • hayleyhewett93
    Options
    Looks like we are all in the same boat :) Come on summer bodies!
  • tlr9ff
    tlr9ff Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey, I just joined yesterday. Still learning. I'm 22. My goal is to lose some weight first, then to gain a little muscle (I'm a guy). One piece of advice: make tracking your diet and exercising your Habit. I'm even reading a book to lose weight and start exercising. It's called the power of habit. Once it's automatic, you don't need to worry about sticking to it.
    I am not the fan of the database here though. For example, I ate a salad today and could not find the exact match.
  • elladouglass
    elladouglass Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 19 but hopefully thats not too far out, feel free to add me x
  • hayleyhewett93
    Options
    I know what you mean about calorie counting ... I am never too sure if I have logged my food correctly. But I guess subconsciously it helps even if it is not perfectly accurate.
  • jasonmh630
    Options
    I am not the fan of the database here though. For example, I ate a salad today and could not find the exact match.

Salads are SO diverse with regards to ingredients, that it's impossible to be able to find an exact match on any calorie counting method... Unless you ad each individual ingredient separately, which is VERY cumbersome. :/
  • tlr9ff
    tlr9ff Posts: 3
    Options
    Yes, I think it does. I also tried to add the ingredients one by one in a salad, so all the info just adds up. But it takes more time.
  • jasonmh630
    Options
    I know what you mean about calorie counting ... I am never too sure if I have logged my food correctly. But I guess subconsciously it helps even if it is not perfectly accurate.

Word of advice, and you may already do this, but always WEIGH solid foods (grams) and MEASURE liquids/drinks (oz/tsp/tbsp)... That's the only way to get an accurate count on your calories. :)
  • Bjamino
    Bjamino Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    26 in three weeks. Feel free to add :)
  • gembirch
    gembirch Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey feel free to add me! I'm 20 and from the UK!
    I try to eat healthy and exercise at least 4 times a week, however don't judge my diary based on today... I was at a birthday party so I let loose a bit with my calories haha

x
  • dreaweightloss
    Options
    add me...I'm 21 years young :-)
  • FitGetHealthyWork
    FitGetHealthyWork Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Hayley,

I am 24 (going to turn 25 in a little over 2 weeks!) I'm working to lose 30lbs overall, hopefully a fair amount of that will be in time for my graduation in September.

I would love to add new MFP friends on here to share motivation with and keep each other on track :)

Regards
  • hayleyhewett93
    Options
    Can we see each others food diaries??? Well that's a bit embarrassing :O
  • hayleyhewett93
    Options
    Great. What are you graduating in ?
  • Beastmode454
    Beastmode454 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Helluuurr... 24 right here almost 25.