You're eating healthier, thats awesome!

Options
2»

Replies

• snowbunnyA
    snowbunnyA Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    And if you thinkw ater is not as important, why would MFP have it on there?? AND aiming towards 8/9 eight oz glasses a day?

Because, as useful a tool as MFP is, it's not exactly cutting-edge, is it? Just take the fact that you can't set the number of grams you want for your macros, simply a percentage. Outdated at best. Yes, I can do the maths, but when I change my goals, I have to do it all again. I should be able to set individual gram amounts for each. Additionally, a huge percentage of the data within MFP is incorrect. Don't take MFP as gospel.

Yes, I track my water, but more out of habit than anything else. I, also, go on the colour of my pee to let me know if things a tickety-boo.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,051 Member
    Options
    I disagree here, I feel like water is super essential. You can survive 2 weeks without food but you can only survive 3 DAYS without water. and besides, most of the time when you think you're hungry, really your body is just needing water. I think some of you are not giving good old H2O the proper credit it deserves. I have the Brita water bottle and it hold approx 22oz of water. The only thing I do is count how many times I fill it up and do some simple math. The I can log my water. And if you thinkw ater is not as important, why would MFP have it on there?? AND aiming towards 8/9 eight oz glasses a day?

I don't track water. It makes no difference to my daily calorie total so cant see the point.

But ,sure,I try to drink a decent amount, just can't be bothered recording it.

MFP has many useful features but that doesn't mean everyone has to use all of them, just like some people might use the recipe builder and others don't.

The point about only being able to go 3 days without water is really irrelevant - by water they mean fluid, obviously many people survive years without drinking plain water at all. And anyway, nobody on MFP is going to die of dehydration, are they?
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Some people posting on the various threads have said that uptaking H2O intake caused them to notice the pounds going down on the scale on a weekly basis. Before that, they weren't drinking much water, weren't tracking water and weren't seeing much weight loss.

Maybe it's an individual thing, but if it's helpful to anyone who isn't see the scale moving to their satisfaction, perhaps try more water, track it and see what happens.

Lately I've been drinking 6 to 8 glasses of H2O and tracking it. I just figure, better to be on the safe side and use all the suggested tools because I have more than 100 lbs. to lose. And I'm starting to like it too. Don't know why but it does feel good to drink all the water.

They lost weight because they ate less, not because they drank more water. They were probably confusing thirst with hunger. Just saying.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's a reason to track liquids unless they have calories or you have a medical reason to do so (including dehydration indicators like fatigue.)
  • forkofpower
    forkofpower Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Most people (without medical condition) will get enough water just by drinking when they feel like it. I don't aim for a specific amount. I don't find it necessary to track water, and it's really difficult to do so anyway, because you don't know how much water you're getting from the foods you eat.

If you're really worried about water, just look at your urine. As long as it's clear and straw-colored, then you're getting enough water.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,051 Member
    Options
    Some people posting on the various threads have said that uptaking H2O intake caused them to notice the pounds going down on the scale on a weekly basis. Before that, they weren't drinking much water, weren't tracking water and weren't seeing much weight loss.

Maybe it's an individual thing, but if it's helpful to anyone who isn't see the scale moving to their satisfaction, perhaps try more water, track it and see what happens.

Lately I've been drinking 6 to 8 glasses of H2O and tracking it. I just figure, better to be on the safe side and use all the suggested tools because I have more than 100 lbs. to lose. And I'm starting to like it too. Don't know why but it does feel good to drink all the water.

They lost weight because they ate less, not because they drank more water. They were probably confusing thirst with hunger. Just saying.

yes, or they started drinking water instead of other fluids with high calorie counts - by drinking water instead of, say, coke, one would reduce one's calorie intake without changing any food intake.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options

yes, or they started drinking water instead of other fluids with high calorie counts - by drinking water instead of, say, coke, one would reduce one's calorie intake without changing any food intake.

Right on!