is it weird or?

Options
I don't keep a scale in the house, sometimes it is un-motivational cause as a woman our weight fluctuates so much cause of our time of the month ect....

I refuse to have one in my house. I go by how i feel and how my clothes are fitting me....So far so good......

I walk alot well everywhere i go i walk....I do some weights i have an exercise ball weight ect.. At home that i do 2-3 times a week....

I look in the mirror and i am starting to get some definition, my clothes i can now breath in...LOL i feel lighter on my feet and all round good....BUT I REFUSE TO GET ON A SCALE is that weird?

But the most important thing is i feel good no?

Replies

• platoon
    platoon Posts: 340
    Options
    Not weird at all... especially if it's working for you.

Scales can be deceptive. I do a lot of toning and cardio, and so when I weigh-in at the end of this month, I expect to see a big loss - BUT that may not be the cause because of water weight, muscle-building, TOM, sodium, etc. I hope I don't get depressed... :-)
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Nope.

You said it best yourself "the most important thing is that I feel good."

My trainer actually has said to me that the scale is "useless" as a tool when you're close to an ideal weight...because there are so many factors that the scale doesn't measure/take into account.
  • lynzyn
    lynzyn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    i just wasn't sure if i was the only one NOT USING A SCALE...My brother is a personal trainer and he said they r useless as well, they can be good from time to time, but it is really how u feel. Especially in the beginning....

thanks everyone...
  • brwnsugababe
    Options
    If it works for you go for it. You feel good all around and your seeing change, so thats an indication that you are doing something right. Great Job!