Breakfast

Options
Has anybody got any healthy brekkie ideas? I am getting a little tired of weetabix and I guess pancakes are off the menu ;)

Replies

• kdroberts19
    Options
    I usually eat a turkey feta spinach sausage, apple slices and a egg, or i make fruit smoothies with almond milk and add a scoop of protein shake mix!
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I've got a cookbook full of healthy breakfast recipes. Pancakes, smoothies and porridge, oh my!
  • hayleyhewett93
    Options
    I prefer sweet things in the morning. Smoothie sounds good, but does it fill you up?
  • hayleyhewett93
    Options
    How do you make pancakes healthily?
  • gaelicstorm26
    gaelicstorm26 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    This morning I had a greek yogurt and a hard boiled egg. Both are really portable and take no time in the morning so it is perfect for my schedule.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    chocolatecoveredkatie.com

foodiefiasco.com

both have incredible recipes for healthy pancakes, cinnamon buns, etc~
  • Itskaleena
    Itskaleena Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    1/2 oats, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, cinnamon and sweetener, 1/2 serving vanilla protein powder , 1 banana and sliced almonds.
  • Operation_Shred
    Options
    Egg whites, low sodium bacon, and oats.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    My most usual breakfast items
    Eggs
    Chicken
    Greek Yogurt
    Toast
    Coffee
    Tea

Also, it's not foods that are healthy or unhealthy, its diets (the foods you eat as a whole). Pancakes can be part of a healthy diet as long as they fit in with your calorie goals, macro goals and micro nutrient needs. Good luck!
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Has anybody got any healthy brekkie ideas? I am getting a little tired of weetabix and I guess pancakes are off the menu ;)

Put the pancakes back on the menu. A serving of 3 pancakes and a serving of weetabix have VERY similar nutrition data.

about 220 calories, 6-7gm protein, about 3gm fat, about 43 gm carbs ..

The pancakes have a little more sugar, and the weetabix have a little more fiber .. the problem is in the accompaniments. With the weetabix, you add more sugar, fat, and protein with the milk. With the pancakes you only really ever add more sugar.

Putting peanut butter on pancakes is a good option.
  • prestigio
    prestigio Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    1 cup of oatmeal
    2 eggs (or substitute with egg-whites)
    1 tbspn baking powder
    If you like / have:
    1 scoop of whey protein

Mix and bake as pancakes.
    Toppings:
    Peanut butter (high calorie though), banana or other fruits, Walden farms

You can also put the batter in the microwave or oven ;)
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

If they fit into your calorie and nutrition goals, there's nothing inherently unhealthy about pancakes.
  • markja
    markja Posts: 270 Member
    Options

I would make then smaller and use sugar-free syrup. But those options don't appeal to me.

If I wanted sweet for breakfast, I would choose a protein bar. or a parfait:

1/2 cup Greek yogurt - 80 cals
    1 cup wheat flake cereal - 120 cals
    1/2 cup Lite canned peaches - 50 cals

I also like this for an evening snack.
  • MegE_N
    MegE_N Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Tuna!

Greek yogurt and fruit!

Granola!

Turkey sausage or bacon!
  • hayleyhewett93
    Options
    Loving these healthy pancake recipes :) Tuna for breakfast ? hmm
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Another good breakfast is an egg sandwich. 2 Fried eggs with bacon and cheese on scali bread iws around 350 calories with a lot of protein and a lot of flavor

1 microwaved egg on an english muffin with bacon and a slice of cheese is under 300 cal ..
  • kateangel2312
    kateangel2312 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    At the moment I'm eating Greek yoghurt and granola for brekki
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I had pizza and ice cream for breakfast, so if pancakes are off your menu, I'm probably not the best person to answer that question. Why are pancakes off the menu???
  • beleeLafter
    beleeLafter Posts: 47
    Options
    There are so many fantastic recipes out there if you do some research! Breakfast food is by far my favorite food and I still enjoy pancakes and french toast by just making some little tweaks! Experimenting can be fun! Give it a go ;)
  • aelphabawest
    aelphabawest Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    This morning I had:
    greek yogurt (2%) with blackberries, a banana, and a bit of flaxseed & honey. Totally filling, filled with post-run protein, and only about 330 calories.

I also eat oatmeal *a lot*. It's cheap and filling. :-)