Squats HELP!

Options

Replies

• Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    You need more protein first off.

how can you make this statement when you have no idea what her actual diet looks like and you can't see her diary?

op are you actually losing weight week on week or not?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I don't do squats anymore. Adding weight and lifting just adds size to my *kitten*. It's mostly muscle I'm sure but I don't appreciate the gain in size or firmness. Firm seems good till one sits down on your married partners lap and they suggest your bottom feels like a concrete block on them. It's one of the few features I like about my body despite the fact I'm plus sized. What I did find that worked is high rep, low weight exercises. I'll do Plies for example with just body weight or small dumbbells or wrist weights and they were a TON easier on my knees. There is a reason you rarely see a long time ballerina with a huge *kitten*. I try for 20 to 50 reps in areas I want to stay smaller. To do that many reps I have to select lower than normal weights I can handle. It does wonderful things though for a tight, toned, area without being rock hard from muscle.

It would only add size if you were doing heavy squats while in a caloric surplus over a prolonged period of time.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Anything over 3 reps is cardio.

Pfft what nonsense
  • weli21xx
    weli21xx Posts: 2
    Options
    Muscles get used to the same type of exercises and so stop responding as effectively to the exercise. Change up the type of squats you do. Also, stop eating icecream, it does NOTHING good for you. Eat more protein which is what your muscles need for strength and development. Finally, reduce the reps and add some weights. You'll see better results and much faster. Good luck and dont give up!!
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    We have a new anti-lifter on the boards...

Boooooo. Hissssssss. Lifting rawks. :)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I don't do squats anymore. Adding weight and lifting just adds size to my *kitten*. It's mostly muscle I'm sure but I don't appreciate the gain in size or firmness. Firm seems good till one sits down on your married partners lap and they suggest your bottom feels like a concrete block on them. It's one of the few features I like about my body despite the fact I'm plus sized. What I did find that worked is high rep, low weight exercises. I'll do Plies for example with just body weight or small dumbbells or wrist weights and they were a TON easier on my knees. There is a reason you rarely see a long time ballerina with a huge *kitten*. I try for 20 to 50 reps in areas I want to stay smaller. To do that many reps I have to select lower than normal weights I can handle. It does wonderful things though for a tight, toned, area without being rock hard from muscle.

Um yes- all professional ballarina's are stacked- they have quads and butts that are rock hard They don't launch themselves into the air with just 'toned' muscle. It requires actual muscle to do that- you know that rock hard kind.

The reason why you do not see them with big old ba-donkadonk's is because that body type is not popular with professionals and it's a little like putting a quarter horse on the track with throughbreds- it's a different game plan.

But trust- those women's bodies are rock hard- and all muscle- even if it isn't HUGE. And yes- they progressively load and train- there is no way doing millions of plie squats gets them explosive power to leap from the ground.

I'm a dancer AND a power lifter so I say these things with great confidence.

Science says- you aren't building a bigger muscled butt unless you are progressively loading and eating at a surplus and really working at it.

And lol at your SO complaining about a tight butt. just. lawlz.
  • shyfranklinstein
    Options
    Eat more, squat more weight, sleep more, and this http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/kathleen-trotter/genetics-and-fitness_b_3661649.html and doing different leg/glute workouts definitely help hit those angles
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Um yes- all professional ballarina's are stacked- they have quads and butts that are rock hard They don't launch themselves into the air with just 'toned' muscle. It requires actual muscle to do that- you know that rock hard kind.

The reason why you do not see them with big old ba-donkadonk's is because that body type is not popular with professionals and it's a little like putting a quarter horse on the track with throughbreds- it's a different game plan.

But trust- those women's bodies are rock hard- and all muscle- even if it isn't HUGE. And yes- they progressively load and train- there is no way doing millions of plie squats gets them explosive power to leap from the ground.

Science says- you aren't building a bigger muscled butt unless you are progressively loading and eating at a surplus and really working at it.

Ballerinas would never want all that icky muscle. :noway:

b.jpg
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    ... Also, stop eating icecream, it does NOTHING good for you.

Girl, you better check yourself with this crazy talk!!!!!
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    Also, stop eating icecream, it does NOTHING good for you.

That's how I meet my protein macro :(
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

And my happiness macro.

What, that's not a macro? Well it should be.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options

b.jpg

Yowza. Girlfriend got it going on. :)
  • DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member
    Options

lol
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options

And my happiness macro.

It is in my world.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

And my happiness macro.

yes- happiness macro = beer macro
    they are the same thing.

And yes- it's a macro.
    Ballerinas would never want all that icky muscle. noway
    Yowza. Girlfriend got it going on. :)

yeah- it's just not that useful- muscles and stuff.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

lol
    hey that was MY answer.:angry:

Actually my answer is

NO.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Muscles get used to the same type of exercises and so stop responding as effectively to the exercise. Change up the type of squats you do.Also, stop eating icecream, it does NOTHING good for you. Eat more protein which is what your muscles need for strength and development. Finally, reduce the reps and add some weights. You'll see better results and much faster. Good luck and dont give up!!

It does good for me.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options

You're joking, right?
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

b.jpg

I saw that first quoted post and immediately thought to myself, "MUST FIND PICTURE OF MISTY COPELAND."

Thanks!
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Adding weight and lifting just adds size to my *kitten*. It's mostly muscle I'm sure but I don't appreciate the gain in size or firmness. Firm seems good till one sits down on your married partners lap and they suggest your bottom feels like a concrete block on them.

What I would say if my husband ever suggested that my firm *kitten* is a problem for him:

2j64g9-jpg.gif