Replies

• Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Mashed up banana too .. scrummy
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    No one has mentioned hummus. My boyfriend loves putting that on toast.

Fabulous suggestion. You can throw some veggies on top, too.
  • fknlardarse
    fknlardarse Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I always liked Earth Balance, and they have a soy free version if you're looking to watch soy. I don't think it's hydrogenated, as it will melt at room temperature.

Avocado is my favorite thing to put on toast. Mash it up with a little salt & pepper...yummo.

No one has mentioned hummus. My boyfriend loves putting that on toast.

Hummus! Mmmmmmm
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    "this is why people dont like vegans"[/quote]

I concur. When eating, a totally human event, becomes an issue on morality and animal rights (in a world where a dog gets a college degree; yes it happened. I read about it yesterday) it's time to say "you guys are being ridiculous."

I get it; let's not abuse animals. But where does the line get drawn? Personally, and this is only MY observation, I think that most vegans do it for the attention and the conflict it elicits. Once again, MY opionon and you know what they say about opinions....
    [/quote]

nooo just no :noway: :grumble: :indifferent:
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,704 Member
    Options
    Avocado. In Mexico it is known as poor man's butter. I like avocado and a sprinkle of garlic salt and pepper on crackers.
  • boadicea21
    boadicea21 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like Earth Balance too. I am 90% vegan and trying to not eat dairy. I would like to find a good veggie pate that is savoury and also vegan. Anyone got any good recipes or suggestions. The nut butters are lovely but pretty high in calories.
  • CJAway
    CJAway Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Smart Balance Organic is the best I've found. It's very much like regular butter.
  • fxg20
    fxg20 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Earth Balance is what I use too.

Ingredients
    Natural Oil Blend (Palm Fruit, Canola, Soybean, Flax and Olive Oils), Filtered Water, Contains Less than 2% of Pure Salt, Natural Flavor (Plant Derived from Corn, No MSG, No Alcohol, No Gluten), Pea Protein, Sunflower Lecithin, Lactic Acid (Non-Dairy), and Naturally Extracted Annatto for Color.

It is "processed" in the sense that it is a product designed to mimic the taste and feel of dairy butter rather than being something like a pure nut butter but the ingredients are not anything you should be afraid of consuming. Zero trans fat, 3 grams saturated fat, 100 calories in a 1 tablespoon/14 gram serving.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    Avocado. In Mexico it is known as poor man's butter. I like avocado and a sprinkle of garlic salt and pepper on crackers.

interesting, in Australia it should be known as rich mans butter - avocados are way more expensive than butter here.
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    My coconut oil hasn't been solid at room temp for like 2 months...I live in Southern CA. lol
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    **** that sounds delicious!!