What is your short term motivator?

Options
Back when I first lost 60 pounds I was really into shopping at Anthropologie. The dresses were SO pretty and SO expensive that I would buy one and try to diet into it (and then return it of course to get the next size down lol). I would try it on each week as I shrank into it and it was really great motivation. Now, that doesn't seem to motivate me anymore and I need some so I'm gonna see what helps you guys. Give me your diet inspiration!

Replies

• MJ1975CA
    MJ1975CA Posts: 31
    Options
    It's dresses for me too :)
  • Earthgirl51
    Earthgirl51 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I want red cowboy boots. Heavy sigh......my calves are huge. Some day soon.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I got motivated when I started seeing progress. I made a few changes and lost a little weight. I gave myself a pat on the back, and then it clicked. Why go small when you can go big? I was thinking I should lose some weight but what if I could lose all of it? I went all in, watched calories like a hawk, cardio daily and changed my foods to good healthy ones. Bam! I made it, but I am not done. You're never done, you just keep refining and adjusting. The new you takes maintenance but its worth it.
  • TiberiusClaudis
    TiberiusClaudis Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I know it's a cliche but I've always wanted to see if I could get a six pack. On another form, a guy made the statement that only 10% of weightlifters have the mental fortitude to do it. That was enough to lite the competitive fire. So I put it on my bucket list. Have to say it's been just about the hardest physical thing I've ever done, even more so that losing my first 60lbs. Every oz of weight loss is now a struggle as I approach 10%BF. I think I'll have a full SP at about 8%, about 5 more lbs.
  • manicautumn
    manicautumn Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I want to do more hiking this summer.

Need to get back in shape for that though.
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Before and after progress pics. just the difference in 2 months can keep me going!
  • texstorm
    texstorm Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Going to Maui in July. I can pull off board shorts fine, but I have this James Bond-style (think vintage Sean Connery in Dr. No) pair of trunks that I really would like to rock on the beach.

Shallow? Yup.

It is what it is.

-Tex

KPP
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    My greatest motivator: seeing the scale move after hard work...especially after turning down pizza for something green. lol :flowerforyou:
  • bbb84
    bbb84 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I want to wear shorts and not be ashamed... It's hot here in fl and i feel i look absolutely ridiculous in shorts.
  • alexuh
    alexuh Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Holiday in 9 days, Tunisia with the boyfriend. :blushing:
  • L4gym
    L4gym Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I want to wear shorts and not be ashamed... It's hot here in fl and i feel i look absolutely ridiculous in shorts.

I hear ya
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    For my work uniform, I have to wear a vest. The fabric gaps just a bit between the 2nd and 3rd button. I want that to go away.
  • IsabellaGiano
    IsabellaGiano Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    So many...

To be again at my lighter weight, as I was before marriage... and put again those dresses... and recognize in the mirror the same woman I see in the old photos...

To be stronger enough to run as long as I like with my daughter... (well, as long as SHE likes :) )

Not to be afraid to sit comfortable, while now I have to suck my stomach in :D

To go into maintenance and eating a bit more :D

All the compliments I'm starting to get :D

Feeling self confident when I'm out.

Again my belly... I want it to go away!!! I want it soooo much!
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I join challenges on MFP; I'm part of three different challenges as of now. Even if the end goal of the challenge is unrealistic for me, I make progress for the sake of the weekly weigh-ins, which is pretty motivating. :smile:
  • maQmIgh
    maQmIgh Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    To begin with my motivation was to fit into my old wardrobe - *DONE* :drinker:
    then it was to buy a whole NEW wardrobe - *DONE* :blushing:

Now I have decided to punish myself with the home workout DVD - Insanity 60 Workout :noway:

My current motivator is ... I WANT THAT INSANITY T-SHIRT :devil: (Says 'Insanity' on front and 'I earned this' on the back)

Day 5 done just another 55 days to go :sad:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • khkjkk
    khkjkk Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Short-term... currently: bathing suit season. The usual motivation that gets me from month to month is how good I feel after a week of staying on track.
  • grim_streaker
    grim_streaker Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I got motivated when I started seeing progress. I made a few changes and lost a little weight. I gave myself a pat on the back, and then it clicked. Why go small when you can go big? I was thinking I should lose some weight but what if I could lose all of it? I went all in, watched calories like a hawk, cardio daily and changed my foods to good healthy ones. Bam! I made it, but I am not done. You're never done, you just keep refining and adjusting. The new you takes maintenance but its worth it.

Very good written, I agree 100%
    It became all or nothing for me to, call it an obssession, but its actually just a lifestyle change.
    Of course small goal along the way makes it alot easier ;)
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    It was fitting into a wetuit - it's a large, admittedly, but previously it would havce been 2XL or nowt, since they don't really go up to my start size.

I am now working on fitting into my wedding dress. It's not a 'wedding' dress, but it is the most expensive frock I've ever bought. I could still wear it at a do and not look like Miss Havisham. I was a UK 10 on top, 12 on the bottom and 5 months pregnant when I got married. It's a wrap around and currently gapes and only only one boob can be adequately and decently accomodated.
  • Swilla_Swole
    Swilla_Swole Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I want to do more hiking this summer.

Need to get back in shape for that though.

Same here