Losing weight: the bottom line

Options

Replies

• schnicklefritz1
    schnicklefritz1 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Lyle, I was sent a link by someone for your for Training the Obese Beginner and I loved it. You have a way with words for sure and I love that you don't split hairs and you call a spade a spade. I am 270 pounds, I know how I got here, I know what I need to do to get to a different place...the reprograming of the brain...not as easy as the knowing part. Keep posting....Before I saw who wrote this post....I knew who wrote this post. LOL Love it. :laugh:
  • Rose6300
    Rose6300 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Lyle, I was sent a link by someone for your for Training the Obese Beginner and I loved it. You have a way with words for sure and I love that you don't split hairs and you call a spade a spade. I am 270 pounds, I know how I got here, I know what I need to do to get to a different place...the reprograming of the brain...not as easy as the knowing part. Keep posting....Before I saw who wrote this post....I knew who wrote this post. LOL Love it. :laugh:

OP was quoting Lyle. He's not actually here.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,951 Member
    Options

OP was quoting Lyle. He's not actually here.

+1
  • J72FIT
    Options
    But if Lyle's statement was true then eating nothing would be the quickest way to lose weight and we know that's not true. We also know that people who become obese literally have their brain chemistry altered and have reduced leptin levels when they lose weight. We also know that diabetes effects energy utilization so people with diabetes (and insulin resistance) don't lose weight as effectively.

Sure it's a bottom line, but in that regard you can drive your car with the parking brake on as long as you give it enough gas. Bottom line, yes. Effective? No.

Way to prove nothing by using extreme examples...
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    It isn't easy, but it isn't complicated.
  • J72FIT
    Options
    But if Lyle's statement was true then eating nothing would be the quickest way to lose weight and we know that's not true. We also know that people who become obese literally have their brain chemistry altered and have reduced leptin levels when they lose weight. We also know that diabetes effects energy utilization so people with diabetes (and insulin resistance) don't lose weight as effectively.

Sure it's a bottom line, but in that regard you can drive your car with the parking brake on as long as you give it enough gas. Bottom line, yes. Effective? No.

Way to prove nothing by using extreme examples...

Way to refute something while providing nothing of value.

Extreme examples clearly illustrate the point and just like a car doesn't go from 0 - 60 instantly a diet doesn't go from an unhealthy extreme to a healthy moderation instantly either. There's a point in the middle between the complexity of extreme health examples and your normal unhealthy person. Quite frankly it clearly illustrates Lyle's point doesn't hold any water.

I could use extreme examples that aren't as pertinent such as sugar water, whey protein, and soybean oil to get all your macros. Obviously this diet will kill you from lack of nutrition. Point is there's a middle ground in there somewhere between all the "clean" hype and simply being a matter of calories. No where in Lyle's statement does it account for nutrition. Add in that most people who are obese are malnourished and Lyle's statement doesn't account for over half the people who really need to lose weight between the obese, diabetes, and malnourished alone.

If you would like you could read the book and not base your short sighted opinion on the quote that I chose to highlight.

Extreme examples illustrate nothing...
  • J72FIT
    Options
    If you would like you could read the book and not base your short sighted opinion on the quote that I chose to highlight.

I've read several pieces of his work and as I've even highlighted to you in other threads, his information is sometimes erroneous such as his claims BMR has a causal relationship with gender and a pound of fat contains roughly 400g of adipose tissue. And yes I've read some excerpts from his book too and found the same thing.
    Extreme examples illustrate nothing...

My scientifically backed statements which show clear exceptions to the rules you simply label as "extreme" in order to ignore them. People who over simplify logic just tend to want to ignore obvious exceptions to their perceived universal rules.

Yes thank you, you're extreme examples really have helped. I now know not to drive my car with the parking brake on. Very helpful...
  • J72FIT
    Options
    Yes thank you, you're extreme examples really have helped. I now know not to drive my car with the parking brake on. Very helpful...

You're a f***ing idiot the car with a parking brake on is called a metaphor. The examples were obesity/leptin, diabetes/energy utilization, and malnutrition death from a diet of sugar, whey, and vegetable oil.

Now now, name calling is not nice young man...
  • J72FIT
    Options
    Now now, name calling is not nice young man...

Seriously you're a either an idiot or dense. It's one thing to not being able to decipher an intelligent conversation but it's another to confuse an example with a metaphor.

I confused nothing. I am starting to not like you or your tone...
  • J72FIT
    Options
    I confused nothing. I am starting to not like you or your tone...

Actually you did since you called a metaphor an example. Do I need to define the word "confusion" for you?

Do I have to define the term "irritating" to you?
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    bump just cuz
  • J72FIT
    Options
    Why is there always that one guy that ruins an awesome post?

Such a negative person. He must not be loved by his father.

Maybe he was the Captain of his High School debate team...