Feeling quilty and really don't know if I should

Options
Ok so yesterday I consumed more calories then I have in a while. Let me break it down for you.
My Goal calories = 2513 (1200+1313 exercise)
My calories intake= 2290
which left me 223 calories
I ate healthy I did go over on my sodium and sugar a bit. I consumed 12 8oz glasses of water.
Today I am feeling very quilty for eatting so many calories :-(
Should I feel so quilty?

Replies

• deshaine
    deshaine Posts: 195
    Options
    nope.
  • dansu2000
    Options
    Unfortunately, guilt is part of life. Resolve to make today a better day and move on:)
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    No.
  • monicawildonger
    monicawildonger Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    NOOOOOO, you did great! throw away the guilt, it's useless
  • platoon
    platoon Posts: 340
    Options
    No. :-)
  • Purehoney002
    Purehoney002 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Not at all. Food is energy for your body. Don't ever feel bad about eating more, especially when you are working out to make up for it. I actually stopped losing weight for a bit because I didn't eat enough :(.
  • vcatmb44
    vcatmb44 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    no you were still under your calorie goal, i did the same thing last sunday and was guilty so i just worked out extra hard at the gym to make up for the extra calories i ate
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    Don't feel guilty because that can lead you down a slippery slope. We all have days where we could have eaten less but every once in a while it is okay to indulge. At least you said that you still ate healthy foods!
  • DancingDreamer
    Options
    not at all! as long as you are under there is no need to feel guilty at all. there's not even a need to feel guilty if you're only a LITTLE over! take that silly guilt of yours and throw it in the trash can because its useless!
  • CroakerNorge
    CroakerNorge Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't consider a day where you tracked your calories and burned calories a bad day.
    Therefore, guilt has no business renting out a space in your brain.
  • missyhse
    missyhse Posts: 189
    Options
    No! You should be eating close to your calorie goal every day, and if you start to feel guilty or overcompensate for it, you might end up worse off than ever.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    No guilt- you did great!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Since I don't exercise nearly enough to burn 1300 cals, I have no idea how many exercise cals should be consumed. Hope the next day can be a better one for you!
  • Supa817
    Supa817 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I agreee, guilt is useless! I think you did GREAT! Try to stay focused on the positive things you accomplished. And I need to know, what did you do to burn 1300 calories????
  • Mandie1120
    Mandie1120 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Its funny Mary because you used to get in "trouble" for eating not enough calories... Now you feel guilty for going so close to your limit and still not going over??? really? Dont feel guilty! You are feeding your body so that it can perform! You may not Loose weight as fast but you are doing it healthy!!!

Keep up the good work!!
  • modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    with all that exercise and still under your calorie limit? I feel so sad that you feel guilty. Enjoy it!!
  • maryrshstattoo
    maryrshstattoo Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I burned 900 on the elliptical then 200 on bow flex another hundred cleaning and the rest on a short walk. I use a HR monitor to let me know what I have done.

Thanks I'm glad you guys all help me if I knew what I was doing I wouldn't need to lose another 40 lbs LOL. I don't want to starve myself but I don't want to eat to much trying to find a balance that is good for me to lose and feel good.
  • HazelDiva1913
    HazelDiva1913 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    i totally understand. Im a little behind on myself today too b/c i let cravings get the best of me. even w burning over 1000 calories this am i was a negative 14 in cals today. Im so anxious my mind is consumed with getting in the gym in the am. Guess we cant let this get us down. Gotta stay consistent. However u did far better than me.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,644 Member
    Options
    Did I read that right, Hazel? 14 calories over your limit is making you anxious? 14 calories will NOT make or break your diet. Hope you got a good night's sleep and woke up realizing that. :smile:
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    over 1300 cal in exersize, wow, I am amazed at what you can do.