Fiber help !

Options
pita7317
pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
What is your favorite food to eat to increase your daily fiber ?
Thanks for the ideas.

Replies

• shining_light
    shining_light Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I love carrots and apples. I'm also quite fond of All-Bran cereal in yogurt(but that's not for everyone). I used to pour boiling water on milled flaxseed and add a tablespoon of peanut butter to make kind of a breakfast pudding-y substance. So good, and flaxseed has no net carbs. It's all fibre and protein and good fats. If I need to bulk up my oatmeal, I'll add some flax and more water because flax will soak up water in a hurry.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Blackberries - 8 grams of fiber in a cup!
  • shining_light
    shining_light Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Blackberries - 8 grams of fiber in a cup!

Ooh! I totally forgot about berries!!!
  • bah_bug
    bah_bug Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I replace white rice, egg noodles or potatoes with farro/wheatberies or barley. I also eat a lot of lentils and beans, and popcorn or nut heavy trail mix is a frequent afternoon snack.
  • Giddyduck
    Giddyduck Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I really like adding fiber one cereal with a table spoon of chia seeds to non-fat greek yogurt (plain) with some blackberries. I am all about the fiber though...Perfect way to start the day :)
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I eat whole wheat or sprouted grain breads (I love Silver Hills breads, all of them are high in fibre and so many options!), brown rice instead of white, brown pasta instead of white - though I don't eat much pasta - and I usually have steel cut oats with berries for breakfast.