Back at it...

Options
Hi There! I am Rebecca I live in Castle Rock CO. I am a full time student and a full time mom! I have a 7mo old and 2 step kids 50% of the time and 2 teenagers!

My determination level is high but I always have something else to do! Feed the baby, clean the house, study, finals, quizzes, dinner, picking kids up!! VERY little time to myself!

I need to set myself up a routine which includes activity set towards weight loss. I need to learn to cook some healthier meals for all of us!

Any help? Anyone in my area?

Replies

• dawnanita
    Options
    Welcome! I joined last week. Being a busy mom I'm sure you have a schedule, especially with a tiny one around! The best thing I did is put my exercise time ON the schedule right with everything else I need to do. Even if it's only 20 minutes of the eliptical I put it on the schedule, do it, check it off the list and am happy for it. It's hard, I know because we put others before us but even 20 minutes of cardio makes a huge difference. Good luck in your adventure.
  • reesepieces
    reesepieces Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    recipes are pretty easily found in the food and nutrition forum on here! if you need some ideas, i use allrecipes.com and just alter the recipes to be healthy or better fit to my liking! i have a few if you would like. just message me!
  • McRebecca
    Options
    Thank you ladies!! Life is SO chaotic with 5 chirping little birds.. lol But none the less... You are right I have to make this my priority!
  • lynngottschalk
    lynngottschalk Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Welcome Back! I have lost 21 lbs. in 5 months - slow but fairly steady. When I look back at my chart I see that I had plateaus when I took a break from journaling. Use your "meals" feature to save items you eat repeatedly to make it easy for yourself. Choose from "recent" and "most used" to make it quicker. Don't worry about entering the nutritional values for things, just pick the closest match from the list already in the system. Do whatever you can to make it fast and easy for yourself so that you will journal in your diary every single night. (Get it in there by 3 am or it does not show that you logged in that day.) Good Luck!!