advice needed maybe?

Options
Giddyduck
Giddyduck Posts: 212 Member
I have been eating paleo for approximately 5 weeks. I keep my calories between 1200-1450 per day. I keep my protein between 100-135. I am trying to lose inches as well as weight.

I do workout 5-6 days a week for 45 minutes each at a crossfit/HIIT gym. I have been working out this way for 4 months. I do not add the activity however I do wear a fitbit and it counts some for me. On the strength days, I get very little activity calories.

I am typically losing less than a pound a week. My food diary is open. I pretty much eat the same things for a week at a time (just easier for weekly prep).

Any insight or advice?

Replies

• shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Are you sure your diary is open? I can't see it
  • Giddyduck
    Options
    I thought it was, but it is now. Thank you for taking a peek!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Looks like you're eating pretty well (I apparently don't know what Paleo actually is based on your dairy though). I'd suggest weighing your food to be a little more accurate. But looks like you don't have a lot to lose so you're not actually going to lose huge amounts each week. Less than a pound a week is probably pretty much right where you should be.
  • shmerek
    Options
    What % of a deficit are you in and how much is "less than a pound"? If it is close I would think that that is a pretty good amount especially if you aren't that "overweight" to start with. I would just say keep it up. Sorry I know nothing about the paleo diet
  • Giddyduck
    Options
    I am almost 5'8" and I have my goal weight at 150 which I am about 10 pounds away from now. I have lost 0.7 pounds the last 2 weeks in a row. Paleo is part of the "clean eating" family. It is the raw, organic, healthy lifestyle. I do measure everything. I pretty much get everything ready for the week on sunday and start over on Saturday. I have my protein set high for muscle transition.

I will say that I have lost 25 pounds since september, however in January when I got serious about the gym I started seeing inches (a total of 11 inches lost) and only 10 pounds (included in the 25).

I am not sure where my true goal weight is but I know that I am not there yet since I do not have the body (muscle definition) I want/work for yet.

Not sure % of deficit means? Maybe I should. I am set up in my goals to eat 1540 calories per day. I usually calculate around 1000-1100 with activity (per the fitbit). Helpful?
  • shmerek
    Options
    I mean what percentage below your maintenance level of calories are you eating? When I was losing weight I went into a 20% caloric deficit below my maintenance level.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Eating Paleo doesn't mean much. The type of food doesn't matter for weight loss, only a calorie deficit. You're losing 0.7 lbs a week, which is perfect for the amount you have to lose. It looks to me like you are on the right track.
  • Giddyduck
    Options
    If I am doing the calculation correctly...my usual daily calories (1200) by my maintenance calories (1540). I am eating at a 21% deficit.

If I include my usual daily calories with activity/exercise (1000) by my maintenance calories (1540). I am eat at a 35% deficit.

So, in theory-I should be losing weight....

Thanks for your help